Get Legal and Medical Insights on How to Win Your Workers' Compensation Cases
When was the last time you had an opportunity to spend a day with the judges, mediators and physicians for contested workers' compensation claims – and hear their thoughts on the law, legal practices, medical aspects of cases and their personal likes and dislikes? This unique program has been designed to give you the chance to interact with them directly without a client's case at stake – and ask them the questions that are on your mind. You'll gain legal and medical insights that will help you to customize your case preparation and presentation. Take this day to listen, learn and get the answers to the questions that you've always wanted to ask. Register today!
- Learn how to tailor your practice and procedure to judge and mediator preferences.
- Be confident that you are correctly handling filings and submission of evidence.
- Utilize discovery practices that are effective and ethical.
- Avoid fatal witness and evidence errors that can break your case.
- Have the ability to ask any question and get answers from the panel of judges, mediators and doctors.
- Include the elements that matter to judges when they make decisions about your cases.
- Get the latest case law update and hot topics discussion.
- Make the most of the mediation process.
- Get the judges' perspective on vital topics such as discovery issues, medical proof and witness credibility.
- Successfully prepare witnesses and submit medical evidence using insider tips from our panel of physicians.
- From the doctors' perspective, walk through the important medical aspects of various workers' compensation claims.
- Listen in as physicians discuss their points of view on causation, treatment, return to work and impairment.
- Hear about the latest litigation challenges and trends from the judges, mediators and doctors themselves.
AM Session 9:00 – 12:00
Judge Ellen H. Lorenzen
Judge Donna S. Remsnyder
Mediator Kathleen Ronnenberg
Mediator Rita L. Young
Attorney Curt L. Harbsmeier - Moderator
- Case Law Update and Hot Topics
- Filing Claims
- Discovery and Case Preparation
PM Session 1:00 – 4:30
Judge Doris E. Jenkins
Dr. Arthur Joel Forman
Dr. Thomas L. Greene
Attorney Catherine Agacinski
Attorney Hillarey A. McCall
Attorney Timothy A. Dunbrack - Moderator
- Psychological Injuries
- Occupational Diseases
- Repetitive Trauma