Gain Valuable Tips, Techniques and Strategies for Reducing Construction Project Risk
Every construction project has a certain level of risk associated with it. Do you know what to do if financing falls through, the project gets off track or a delay or disruption occurs? Don't miss this opportunity to get the skills that you need to minimize the risk in your next project – enroll today!
- Learn how to identify common areas of risk so you can avoid them later.
- Take away tips for reducing risk through fraud prevention, avoiding conflicts of interests and avoiding kickbacks.
- Gain valuable techniques for managing the construction schedule to stay on task and on budget.
- Do you know why it is critical to keep accurate project documentation and records? Find out how it can help manage construction risk.
- Learn what you can do to overcome project delays, disruptions, suspensions and project terminations and minimize your damages.
- Be prepared to handle damage with tips for quantifying, assigning and mitigating damages.
- Know your options when disputes arise: gain strategies for avoiding litigation and utilizing alternative dispute resolution techniques.
- BASICS OF CONSTRUCTION RISK MANAGEMENT
9:00 - 10:00, Philip E. Beck
- Risk Allocation
- Project Risks
- Site Risks
- Performance Risks
- Owner Risks
- Contractor Risks
- Shared Risks
- Problems Arising From Poor Risk Allocation
- Establishing a Risk Management Program
- Managing Risk During the Design Phase
- Managing Risk During the Construction Phase
- REDUCING PROJECT RISK
10:00 - 10:30, Philip E. Beck
- Reducing Opportunities for Fraud, Conflicts of Interest and Kickbacks
- Types of Insurance
- Using Surety Bonds
- Identifying and Managing Areas of Potential Risks
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
10:45 - 12:00, Roy R. Beeson and David R. Pierce
- Managing the Construction Schedule
- Budgets, Estimates and Cost Control Mechanism
- Project Administration
- Drafting and Modifying Contracts
- Contract Administration
- Critical Project Documentation and Recordkeeping
- OVERCOMING COMMON CONSTRUCTION PROBLEMS
1:00 - 2:00, Nicholas S. Papleacos
- Delay, Disruption, Suspensions and Project Termination
- Changes and Accelerations
- Differing Site Conditions
- Construction Liens
- Avoiding Disputes During Design Phase
- False Claims
- Waivers of Subrogation
- ASSESSING AND MITIGATING DAMAGES
2:00 - 2:45, Roy R. Beeson, David R. Pierce, William J. Sheppard and Bruce C. Smith
- Calculating Losses
- Assigning Responsibility
- Quantifying Damages
- Tips for Mitigating Damages
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION VEHICLES THAT WORK
3:00 - 3:30, Roy R. Beeson, David R. Pierce, William J. Sheppard and Bruce C. Smith
- Using Alternative Dispute Resolution Techniques
- The Arbitration Process From Start to Finish
- Mediation Techniques That Really Work
- Strategies for Avoiding Litigation
- Knowing When to Litigate
- AVOIDING ETHICAL CONFLICTS
3:30 - 4:30, Roy R. Beeson, David R. Pierce, William J. Sheppard and Bruce C. Smith
- Multiple Party Representation
- Handling Multi-Jurisdictional Issues