Give Clients Practical Guidance on Using the Various Assistance Programs
Can you answer your clients' questions about asset protection planning within the context of Medicare and Medicaid? This program will provide you with the legislative and procedural details you'll need to help clients plan sensibly for the future – enroll today.
- Learn how the DRA and changes in the law affect your practice.
- Be prepared to plan further ahead to comply with the new lookback period.
- Qualify unmarried couples for Medicaid benefits.
- Lay to rest your clients' worries about tomorrow through the use of Continuing Care Retirement Communities and Family Limited Partnerships.
- Help clients qualify for federal assistance programs and still remain financially stable.
- Ethically represent mentally incapable clients.
- Be able to explain Part D coverage so your clients can take full advantage of their prescription benefits.
- Help clients stay at home comfortably: understand the interplay of various assistance programs.
- Recognize the signs of elder abuse and neglect, and combat it through litigation.
- PROGRAM HISTORY AND BASIC DEFINITIONS
8:30 - 9:00, Michael T. Brockbank
- Medicaid Overview
- Medigap Insurance Coverage
- MEDICAID ELIGIBILITY - RECENT CHANGES
9:00 - 10:00, Del B. Salmon
- Resources (Allowable Limits and Other Considerations)
- The Lookback Period After DRA - Time it Right
- Medicaid for Single and Married Persons, and for Unmarried Couples
- Other Changes Affecting Your Medicaid Practice
- MEDICAID ESTATE RECOVERY AND ASSET PRESERVATION - WHAT'S NEW?
10:15 - 11:00, Del B. Salmon
- Various Gifting Options
- Special Needs and Other Trusts - Why are They Useful Again?
- Postponement of Estate Recovery
- Private Annuities
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Estate Deeds
11:00 - 12:00, Phillip M. Tribble
- Representing a Mentally Incapable Client
- Withdrawing Representation From Difficult Clients
- Attorneys' Fees
- Common Ethical Pitfalls to Look Out For
- MEDICARE PART D PRESCRIPTION DRUG PROGRAM UPDATES
1:00 - 2:15, Michael T. Brockbank
- Miscellaneous Provisions of Part D
- Eligibility and Enrollment
- Benefits and Beneficiary Protections
- The Impact on Hospitals and Other Providers
- Part D Coverage Limitations
- INTERPLAY OF MEDICARE, MEDICAID, LTC INSURANCE, SSD AND SSI
2:30 - 3:30, Phillip M. Tribble
- Where Medicare Stops and Medicaid Begins
- Long-Term Care Insurance Limitations and Solutions
- Home- and Community-Based Health Care - What Programs Cover It?
- Grievances, Determining Coverage and Appeals
- ELDER PLANNING AND DISABILITY LITIGATION ISSUES
3:30 - 4:40, Michael T. Brockbank
- Medicaid Liens
- Suits to Modify Power of Attorney
- Estate Recovery
- Nursing Home Torts
- Coverage Disputes
- Elder Abuse
- Other Common Claims