Custom-Tailor the Business Entity Choice to Each Client's Individual Business Needs
When a client comes to your office aflame with a fantastic new idea for a business, are you ready to offer him sure footing to start out with? How will your knowledge of business entity laws and mechanics stack up when existing business clients ask for your help in restructuring their company? Our engaging course of study offers a detailed comparative analysis of the most popular business entity organizational structures on today's market to help you find the perfect business match for any client. Ensure smooth business operations and continuous tax savings for every client - register today!
- Clearly distinguish between various entity choices to determine which fits the specific situation best.
- Know how the “check the box” income tax regulations come into play when forming a business entity.
- Review sample certificates of existence, LLC agreements, articles of incorporation, bylaws, shareholder agreements and other constitutive documents that you can use in
your practice when the need arises.
- Obtain a plain-English tutorial to the entity tax choices under sole proprietorship taxation and Internal Revenue Code Subchapters C, K and S.
- Utilize the tax benefits of LLCs under New Hampshire's tax treatment.
- Walk through the process of conversion to an LLC and find out when it isn't the best option.
- Effectively handle disputes between business entity owners.
- Understand when to use the
Limited Liability Company Act instead of the New Hampshire Limited Liability Company Act.
NON-TAX CHOICE OF ENTITY - HELPING YOUR CLIENTS CHOOSE AMONG NEW HAMPSHIRE SOLE PROPRIETORSHIPS, GENERAL PARTNERSHIPS, LLPs, LIMITED PARTNERSHIPS, CORPORATIONS AND LLCs ON NON-TAX GROUNDS
9:00 - 9:45, John M. Cunningham
DRAFTING CERTIFICATES OF EXISTENCE, LLC AGREEMENTS AND OTHER LLC CONSTITUTIVE DOCUMENTS
9:45 - 10:30, John M. Cunningham and Maryliz Geffert
DRAFTING ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION, BYLAWS AND SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENTS
10:45 - 11:30, John M. Cunningham
and Maryliz Geffert
THE U.S. TREASURY CHECK-THE-BOX REGULATIONS - A PLAIN-ENGLISH INTRODUCTION FOR NON-TAX LAWYERS
11:30 - 12:15, John M. Cunningham
TAX CHOICE OF ENTITY-A PLAIN-ENGLISH INTRODUCTION FOR NON-TAX LAWYERS
1:15 - 2:00, John M. Cunningham
- Helping Your Clients who are Individuals, Choose Among Sole Proprietorship Taxation and Taxation Under Internal Revenue Code Subchapters C, K and S
- Helping Your Clients who are Entities, Choose Whether Their Single-Member LLC Should be Taxable as "Disregarded Entities" or Under Subchapter C
- Helping Your Clients who are Members of Multi-Member LLCs Choose Among Subchapters C, K and S
NEW HAMPSHIRE TAXATION OF LLCs - A PLAIN-ENGLISH INTRODUCTION FOR NON-TAX LAWYERS
2:00 - 2:30, John M. Cunningham
ETHICAL ISSUES IN FORMING NEW HAMPSHIRE BUSINESS ENTITIES
2:45 - 3:45, John M. Cunningham
- Joint Representation
- Adequacy of Fees and Charges
ADVANCED ISSUES IN NEW HAMPSHIRE BUSINESS ORGANIZATION LAW, FEDERAL AND NEW HAMPSHIRE TAX
3:45 - 4:30, John M. Cunningham and Maryliz Geffert
- Statutory Tax
- Handling Disputes Among Business Entity Owners
- Using the
Limited Liability Company Act Instead of the New Hampshire Limited Liability Company Act