Emotional Intelligence for Leaders
People are confusing. Yet, how can you be an effective leader
if you can’t figure them out?
Every day, you work
with employees, other managers, bosses, clients, vendors, and others up and down
the org chart. They come from different backgrounds and experiences, so they
don’t all think and feel the way you do. Some are relatively easy to work with.
Others confuse you. And yet others flat-out irritate you.
But you know what? As a leader, your job is to figure out how to
work effectively with all of them! That’s what this training is all about.
Master the MOST important skill required to be a successful
Emotional Intelligence for Leaders is two
exhilarating days of fast-paced, interactive training that’ll forever change the
way you look at people ... and at yourself for that matter!
The skills you’ll develop in this program will help you be a
more influential and effective manager.
discover how to work more collaboratively with others, with less stress and
frustration. You’ll gain solid techniques for resolving conflicts more quickly
and easily, or better still, head them off at the pass. And you’ll learn how to
project confidence and communicate with finesse so you’ll be seen as a capable,
caring leader ... the type of person that people eagerly follow ... the type of
leader that organizations readily promote!
Develop your Emotional Intelligence and you’ll soar! Leave it
to chance, and ... well ... let’s just say soaring won’t be in your future!
Are you “winging it” when it comes to relating to
people? That’s a costly mistake a lot of managers make.
Or maybe you agree that EI is important, but you think you’re
just too busy to attend training. Whatever the case, we urge you to seriously
reconsider “getting by” with your current EI skills and make a commitment to
developing your full EI potential.
Every leader ... and we mean EVERY leader ... can benefit
from the eye-opening skills taught in this course.
No matter where you are in your ability to understand and bond with
others, we know that there’s a whole new level of understanding that you’ll
achieve when you go through these two days of professional development. We’ll
even be so bold as to say this training will change your life. In fact, we’ll
even back that bold claim with our 100% guarantee of total satisfaction.
Right here ... right now ... make the decision that will fuel
your success for years to come. Enroll in this training today!
What You'll Learn:
1. You’ll learn how to use EI to build solid, collaborative
Let’s face it, most of the problems we all face at work involve interactions
with other people. By developing EI skills, you’ll be able to communicate and
collaborate more effectively with employees, other managers and staff,
customers, vendors, and upper management, to get the positive results you want.
2. You’ll be able to coach your people to stronger
When individual employees or teams aren’t performing as well as they could, EI
will help you identify what’s getting in their way. You’ll learn to coach people
past their obstacles to achieve better performance and higher job satisfaction.
3. You’ll handle conflict situations with calmness and
At work, misunderstandings and conflicting agendas can cause anger and tension.
But in this course, you’ll learn ways to stay clearheaded and in control when
those difficult situations arise. So even while others are going off the rails,
you’ll be able to defuse tension and offer workable solutions.
4. You’ll be seen as a confident, credible, capable leader.
An emotionally volatile leader can cause the team to boil over with tension,
with the result that productivity suffers. But with strong EI skills, you’ll be
able to steady your own emotions and encourage a relaxed, productive work
atmosphere that enhances performance.
5. You’ll get noticed and promoted for your phenomenal
EI is one skill it truly pays to learn! When your people do a great job under
your leadership, upper management will notice. They’ll see how you meet and
exceed your goals, keep valuable employees, and help new employees grow. And
they’ll reward you for your good work with bonuses and promotions.
1. Emotional Intelligence (EI) and the Self-Aware
- Emotional Intelligence — a practical
definition: what is it and why does it matter so much for leaders?
- Why becoming more self-aware is so vital to
your leadership success
- The top 3 reasons you need EI to reach your
- How the leader’s emotions set the tone for the
- 5 ways to control your emotions when you feel
like you’re on the verge of losing it
- Emotional competencies that are absolutely
critical for leaders
- Self-awareness and self-control: why the two
go hand-in-hand for leaders
- How is EI measured? And how do your skills
2. EI & Building Solid Work Relationships
- Why certain emotions make people do what they
- How to identify — and identify with — other
people’s emotional states
- Fundamentals of working collaboratively with
- Using empathy to understand different
- Keys to building sound relationships with
peers, employees, bosses, clients ... and everyone else you work with
- How EI can help you with any relationship
challenge ... even with really difficult people
- Listening skills that foster understanding and
3. EI & Staffing: Finding and Keeping Good People
- How strong EI skills make you a stronger
- Detecting personality quirks during the
interview that may hinder job performance later
- Keys to establishing rapport with job
- How to assess a candidate’s EI skills to
see if he or she will fit in well with the team
- Why a manager’s EI skills are key to
attracting and keeping good people
4. EI & Employee Motivation and Development
- Using EI to help create a powerful and
positive work environment that allows everyone to succeed
- Developing insightful influence skills: keys
to winning hearts and minds
- How do you know what your employees are
thinking and feeling? Subtle clues that help you “read” your people
- How to help your people develop their EI
- Developing an emotionally intelligent team for
increased collaboration and greater productivity
- How to hold employees accountable while
keeping them motivated
- Laying the groundwork for a team that embraces
trust and mutual respect
- Empowering team members to tap into their
personal strengths and contribute their absolute best
- Strategies for making sure you fully support
your high-potential employees
5. The EI Advantage: Dealing With Difficult
Employees & Underachievers
- Using your EI skills to coach underachievers
to stronger performance
- How to effectively address difficult attitudes
and negative behavior on your team
- Why different employees with different EI
skills require different coaching approaches
- The 7 most common employee problems (from
ELEAD) and how EI can help you deal with each
- How to walk the tightrope between empathizing
with someone’s emotional state and contributing to his or her problem
6. EI & Handling Conflict, Crisis, and Change
- How to stop emotions from causing you to react
without reason in the moment
- Effective techniques that work when team
members aren’t getting along
- The role of EI in every conflict situation
- Why your EI is key to getting your employees
to follow you outside their comfort zone
- Top reasons why change fails in
organizations (no surprise, weak EI skills tops the list!)
- Coping with the stress and frustration that
accompany crisis and tough times
- How to draw upon your EI skills as the leader
in a crisis
7. EI & Your Continuing Growth as a Leader
- Learn when your emotions are your greatest
asset as a leader — and when they’re your greatest liability
- Why your EI is the No. 1 driver of your
success as a leader
- Social Intelligence: what is it and why is SI
- Key reasons your EI will be increasingly
more important to you as you move up in your career
SEMINAR TRAINING TIME:
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM Seminar Class
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM