Microsoft® Excel 2007 Power Tips, Techniques,
and Shortcuts Training Seminar by CompEd Solutions
EXCEL 2007 is without a doubt one of the most
powerful, versatile software programs ever created!
Isn’t it time you learned how to put the FULL POWER of EXCEL 2007 to work for
The first time you open Excel 2007 you realize – this powerful piece of software
is completely different from all previous versions. It looks different,
functions differently – and getting a handle on it can be a real challenge.
That’s why we’ve created this training: to put you in full command of Excel
2007’s amazing power and versatility. It’s the fast, easy way to get your skills
up to speed so you can take advantage of Excel’s immense capabilities.
No starting back at square one! Hurray!
You already know the basics of Excel – so you don’t want to endure the
aggravation of training that makes you start back at square one. You’re ready to
improve … to learn the cool new, most underused features and functions. You’re
ready to become a power user, right?
Then this workshop is tailor-made for you! This training goes beyond mere
fundamentals, helping you quickly learn how to save time, improve performance,
and make Excel 2007 work more efficiently for you!
A workshop jam-packed with how-to’s you’ll use immediately!
This brand-new Microsoft Excel 2007 workshop focuses on not only enhancing the
skills you’ve already developed, but teaching you “must know” techniques and
shortcuts that’ll have the biggest impact on your productivity and efficiency.
In one intensive day of training, you’ll learn
how to easily navigate the Excel 2007 interface, take advantage of new Excel
2007 features, and learn dozens of shortcuts to make you a more efficient user!
This exciting seminar covers essential Excel 2007 tips, tricks, and techniques
- Time-saving productivity tools for database
- New Excel 2007 functions and features that’ll
make your life easier
- How to use expanded filtering limits and new
tools to identify data by months
- How to create eye-catching charts using the
outstanding visual additions – including the new “live preview” tools!
- How to easily build macros – automating
repetitious tasks and saving time
- How to accentuate data using enhanced
Conditional Formatting tools
You get answers from an expert
Your workshop trainer is an Excel 2007 expert who’ll lead you through the ins
and outs of this powerful software and help you learn how to get the most out of
improved functionality of Excel 2007.
You’ll also get the answers to specific questions you have regarding your
on-the-job Excel challenges! Plus, you’ll sit shoulder-to-shoulder with people
just like you and learn from their in-the-trenches Excel experience.
You’ll boost your effectiveness – guaranteed!
Be assured, at CompEd Solutions we take training effectiveness very seriously.
You see, we firmly believe that the real value of training is how well it
prepares you to do the job correctly, efficiently, and cost-effectively. That’s
why the emphasis in every workshop we present is on helping you address your
real-world needs and achieve greater results.
We insist this workshop will deliver all we’ve promised and more. And, as
always, your complete satisfaction is 100 percent guaranteed!
Get solid answers to these and all your Excel
- Are there easier ways to maneuver around in
Excel than what I’ve been using?
- Is there a way I can easily link Excel
worksheets so I don’t have to risk errors or waste time rekeying information?
- What is a Pivot Table? What is it used for and
how do you create one?
- What tool does Excel offer that’ll help me
analyze data more easily?
- Are there any rules of thumb that I can use to
make sure my charts look good, without spending tons of time on them?
- What shortcuts would help improve my speed and
productivity on a daily basis?
- What types of mathematical functions will
Excel perform, and how do you do each?
- How can I make my spreadsheets look better, so
they’re easy to read and the important facts jump out on the page?
- What’s the best way to manage enormous
spreadsheets so they’re easy to work in?
- How can I take a list and turn it into a
database in Excel?
- Does Excel have features that can help me with
my budgets, invoices, and other routine computing needs?
- What kind of templates can I create with Excel
that’ll make me more productive?
- How can I customize my toolbar and formula bar
to help me work more quickly on the type of worksheets I create most often?
Using Excel’s New Ribbon command system to
- Make the Quick Access Toolbar include any of
the ribbon buttons you need
- Locate more command options with the dialog
box launcher in Ribbon groups
- Control your screen view by hiding/revealing
the ribbon instantly
Navigation Tips – quickly navigate between
different worksheets and workbooks
- Jump to different open workbooks without
lengthy command sequences
- Move through a worksheet with speed and
confidence using a myriad of keystroke shortcuts and mouse tricks
- Freeze panes and split worksheets horizontally
and vertically for optimum display of critical data
Formatting – acceleration tools for quick
visual changes to clarify worksheets in a flash
- Numeric Formatting simplified – keystroke
shortcuts for date, time, currency, and scientific data
- Alignment and border changes in a flash
- Center titles vertically and horizontally;
indent data without needless typing
- Preview font differences before actual changes
with Excel’s new live preview feature
- Copy/Move/Paste data in a flash with dragging
techniques – not multi-step command sequences
- Insert/Delete Columns, Rows, and Sheets –
learn the best ways to use these frequently needed tools
- Hide and Unhide Columns, Rows, and Sheets –
for printing or security reasons, use these features fluently
- Use the greatly expanded Undo/Redo feature to
Formulas and Functions – the core of Excel
- Formula essentials – understand the crucial
role of the hierarchy of operations
- Absolute or Relative – learn the best way to
make your formulas concise and accurate
- See all worksheet formulas with a keystroke
- Copy formulas and values effortlessly down
columns without cumbersome selections
- Check a cell’s dependencies with just a few
mouse clicks – formula auditing simplified
- Master the functions that everyone needs –
SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, MEDIAN …
- Use the Insert Function button to learn and
build unfamiliar functions effortlessly
- Achieve programming-like power with the
multi-faceted IF function
- Look up data efficiently with VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP
Database Tools – Excel has great tools for
database management – master these time-saving productive tools
- Sorting – sort massive amounts of data with
the versatile Sort command
- Use Excel’s AZ and ZA buttons to accelerate
- Sort data by font or cell background color
- Filter – see just the data you want to see –
expanded with great new tools in Excel 2007
- Analyze list data with COUNTIF, SUMIF, and the
Pivot Tables – Excel’s greatest analytical and
summarizing tool – and not a formula in sight
- Learn the key steps to creating Pivot Tables
in a flash
- Change pivot table layout with simple dragging
- Create a Pivot Chart that’s always in sync
with your Pivot Table
Macros – open the door to unlimited power in
automating repetitious tasks
- Learn the critical steps to building macros –
the macro recording process
- Play back your macros with keystroke shortcuts
- Create a Quick Access toolbar button for your
frequently needed macros
Charts – Excel’s great visual tool – with 21st
century graphics in its latest version
- Two different keystroke shortcuts to create
charts instantly – on your worksheet or on a new sheet
- Learn how the Chart Layout command can turn
your quickly created charts into final form
- Add Trendlines for quick statistical analysis
of your data
- Explore the chart types that work best for the
- Change a chart's orientation for different and
potentially better display of your data
- Convert charts into pictures and quickly add
shadows, reflections, and other dazzling techniques
SEMINAR TRAINING TIME:
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM Seminar Class
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM