Get Practical Solutions to Potential Real Estate Problems
Real estate transactions have become increasingly sophisticated. To complete successful deals, you need to find solutions for the more complex real estate issues clients are facing. Your clients rely on your advice to guide them through challenging situations and find workable solutions...solutions that are financially beneficial to their bottom line. Are you able to overcome the most difficult transactional obstacles facing professionals dealing with real estate? If you're not sure, then this is the seminar for you. Join us as we go beyond the basics for an advanced look at complicated real estate concerns. Register today!
- Prevent title defects from slowing transactions: learn to use methods for curing title problems.
- Ease complications surrounding boundary and easement disputes by confidently advising clients on alternate dispute solutions.
- Don't be caught off guard by situations involving wetlands or endangered species; advise clients of their development rights from the beginning.
- Be ready to answer questions about the use, sale or lease of real property included in a bankruptcy estate.
- Recognize and cure defects on a title with tips from the insiders!
- Learn to clear liens on property by using our no-nonsense strategies.
- Environmental responsibility and property development: learn how to strike a balance.
- Resolve complex obstacles involved in real estate transactions
- Do you have transactions affected by bankruptcy? Learn how to advise clients on their rights and obligations.
- TITLE LAW
9:00 - 10:15 and 10:30 - 11:00, Written by Cullan B. Duke. Presented by Cullan B. Duke in Birmingham and Mobile.
- The Title Insurance Policy and Commitment
- Insurance Coverage Expectations
- The New ALTA Owner's and Lender's Title Insurance Policies
- Availability of Expanded Coverage Policies Provided by ALTA
- Differences Between Standard and Extended Coverage
- Title Insurance Exclusions
- Title Endorsements
- Quality of Title
- Merchantable Title vs. Insurable Title
- Abstract vs. Title Insurance
- Special Assessments
- Representations and Warranties Impacting Title
- Recognizing and Curing Title Defects
- Easements, Boundaries and Surveys
- Analyzing Issues on Authority
- ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES IN REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
11:00 - 12:00 and 1:00 - 2:00, Written by Donald G. Beebe. Presented by Rebecca Wright Pritchett in Birmingham and Donald G. Beebe in Mobile.
- Local, State and Federal Jurisdictional Issues
- Potential Environmental Liability – Superfund Liability
- Environmental Audits
- Environmental Liens
- Third Party and Common Law Causes of Action
- Due Diligence
- Wetland Issues and Considerations
- Endangered Species and Sustainable Development
- Asbestos Concerns
- How to Buy/Sell Remediate Property
- Indoor Air Quality and Mold Litigation
- Working With Environmental Consultants
- Recent Trends in Environmental Law
- Proactive Practices to Minimize Liability
- LIENS ON REAL PROPERTY
2:00 - 2:40, Written by W. Alexander Gray Jr. Presented by William L. Phillips in Birmingham and W. Alexander Gray Jr. in Mobile.
- State, County and Municipal Property Tax Liens
- Federal Tax Liens
- Lien of Judgment
- Mechanics' and Materialmen's Liens
- Other Liens that Impact Real Property
- CREDIT AND BANKRUPTCY ISSUES
2:55 - 3:30, Written by W. Alexander Gray Jr. Presented by Brenton K. Morris in Birmingham and W. Alexander Gray Jr. in Mobile.
- Impact of the Bankruptcy Abuse and Prevention Act
- The Automatic Stay
- Dealing With a Recently Filed Bankruptcy Case
- Use, Sale, or Lease of Real Property Included in a Bankruptcy Estate
- Creditor Rights and Remedies
- Trends in Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
3:30 - 4:30, Written by W. Alexander Gray Jr. Presented by Brenton K. Morris in Birmingham and W. Alexander Gray Jr. in Mobile.
- Conflicts of Interest
- Attorney’s Fees
- Confidentiality Issues