Get the Most out of Your Evidence
Think about the most successful attorney you know. Chances are, he or she is a master of using evidence to dramatically illustrate crucial points to carry a case. Nothing says more about your skill than being able to find, prepare, groom, perfect and brilliantly present evidence. Nobody is born with this ability - but it can be learned as long as you know the foundations. At this nuts and bolts seminar, our experienced trainers will lead you, step-by-step, through the process, so you can make a memorable impact with your evidence. This is a power-packed seminar you won't want to miss. Enroll today!
- Learn the foundational rules of evidence to make sure your evidence is admitted.
- Get an in-depth review of both federal and state rules of evidence.
- Analyze important cases that may impact your next case.
- Discuss relevance and limitations on relevant evidence.
- Sharpen your understanding of the hearsay rule and exceptions to it.
- Retain, prepare and depose an expert witness like a pro.
- Organization is everything: obtain practical tips for the general care and handling of evidence.
- Identify how to choose appropriate demonstrative evidence and when to use outside vendors.
- Discover savvy ways to get your evidence in and keep your opponent's out.
- Sift through the chaff to identify the evidentiary gems that can showcase your point.
- Gain expert methods for effectively using testimony, real, documentary and demonstrative evidence.
- Come away with presentational techniques that will put your evidence in the spotlight.
- THE RULES OF EVIDENCE
9:00 - 9:45, Carla Varriale
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- State Rules Regarding Evidence
- Important Cases You Need to Know About
- TYPES OF EVIDENCE
9:45 - 10:45, Carla Varriale
- Effective Use of Each Type of Evidence
- EVIDENCE IN TRIAL PRACTICE
11:00 - 12:00, Steven Demetrios Ateshoglou
- Burdens of Proof
- Relevance and Limitations on Relevant Evidence
- Laying a Foundation
- Best Evidence Rule
- Chain of Custody/Care and Handling
- THE HEARSAY RULE
1:00 - 2:00, Steven Demetrios Ateshoglou
- Hearsay Defined
- What is and What is Not Hearsay?
- Hearsay Exceptions
- PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATIONS
2:00 - 2:30, Gregory F. Hauser
- Recognized Privileges
- TESTIMONIAL EVIDENCE
2:45 - 3:30, Gregory F. Hauser
- Using Lay Witnesses
- Expert Witnesses
- Retaining the Expert
- Preparing Them to Give Testimony
- Deposing the Expert Witness
- Court Appointed Experts
- ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
3:30 - 4:30, Gregory F. Hauser
- Handling Highly Prejudicial Evidence
- Handling Questions of Jurors During Voir Dire
- Talking to Witnesses Before They Testify
- Identifying and Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
At this nuts and bolts seminar, our experienced trainers will lead you, step-by-step, through the process, so you can make a memorable impact with your evidence. (see
full course description)