Expand Your Knowledge With Insight and Discussion of Key Areas of Bad Faith Law
Are you diligent in keeping up on important cases that might affect your practice? Use your time wisely with this day of practical tips, discussion and insights into recent and relevant bad faith case law. Listen, learn and question as our experienced panel members review four important areas of bad faith law and associated cases from both the plaintiff and defense point of view. Register today!
- Gain insights into recent bad faith cases from experienced practitioners on both sides of the bar.
- Learn common misunderstandings in bad faith cases and how to avoid them.
- Identify differences between breach of contract, wrongful denial and bad faith.
- Find out key court decisions that will impact bad faith cases.
- Understand the subtleties of important terms in bad faith law.
- Get valuable tips and effective approaches to handling bad faith litigation.
- Review important ethical considerations to keep your excellent reputation intact.
OVERVIEW OF GENERAL BAD FAITH PRINCIPLES
9:00 - 10:00, John B. Drummy
Important Terms, Essential Elements and Common Misunderstandings Involved in Bad Faith Cases
DENIAL OF COVERAGE
10:00 - 10:45, Mark D. Gerth
Comparative Analysis of Breach of Contract and Bad Faith, Discussion of Rockford Mutual Insurance Company v. Pirtle and Lessons Learned
UNREASONABLE DELAY OF BENEFITS
11:00 - 12:00, Christian P. Jones
Understanding “Unreasonable” from Both Sides of the Bar, Discussion of Key Decisions and Lessons Learned
1:00 - 2:15, Mark D. Gerth
Duty to Advance Pay Claims and Discussion of Key Decisions and Lessons Learned
BAD FAITH LIABILITY WHEN NO COVERAGE EXISTS
2:15 - 3:15, Christian P. Jones
Discussion of Monroe Guaranty Insur. Co. v. Magworks Corp. and Lessons Learned
3:30 - 4:30, John B. Drummy
Review of Attorney-Client Privilege, Conflicts of Interest, Lawyer Liability, Discussion of Key Decisions and Lessons Learned