Get all the custody and support forms you'll need and find out when and how to use them.
Whether the forms you use in custody and support disputes are court-mandated or drafted in-house, this course will help you find the information that needs to be included in your submissions, give tips on how to properly phrase and organize documentation, and guide you through the procedure of requesting and submitting the information with your opponent and the court. Register today!
- Get fully prepared for any custody or support case with forms, checklists, and a detailed explanation of their use by seasoned attorney faculty.
- Get a head start on the case with well-organized and impeccably executed initial pleadings.
- Prepare for the temporary placement as if it was the final hearing - find out what documents hold the most weight and how to present them most effectively.
- Ensure medical records admissibility by complying with HIPAA regulations.
- Facilitate effective communication between your client, the children's attorney and you.
- Get all the case-supporting information you need with masterfully-phrased interrogatories and requests for admission.
- Find out what to do when a parent does not comply with preliminary placement orders.
- Explore creative parenting plan options to satisfy both parents and follow the best interests of the child(ren).
- Maximize your case delivery at the final hearing/trial with effective exhibits and thorough supporting documentation.
- Learn the most efficient way to work with the Child Support Enforcement Division.
9:00 - 9:30, Julie Bishop
- Client Intake Form
- Fee Agreement
- Notebook/File/Client Information Sheet
- Releases of Information and HIPAA Requirements - Medical, Therapy, School
9:30 - 10:00, Virginia R. Dugan
- Petition and Summons
- Answer and Counterclaim/Response
- Motion for Temporary Relief
- TEMPORARY AND PRELIMINARY ORDERS
10:00 - 10:30, Julie Bishop
- Model Orders
- Court Clinic Participation and Forms - PCs and ACs
- Motion and Order Appointing Guardian ad Litem
- Motion and Order Appointing Rule 11-706 Expert
- Motion and Order for Drug Testing
- CUSTODY EVALUATION
10:45 - 11:30, Dr. Theresa Miller
- Protocols That the Custody Evaluators Follow
- APA Standards
- What Tests are Required? What Usually is Done?
11:30 - 12:15, Virginia R. Dugan
- Initial Interrogatories and Request for Production - Your Requests
- Initial Interrogatories and Request for Production - Your Responses
- Requests to Admit
- Notice of Depositions
- Subpoenas Duces Tecum
- PRE-TRIAL AND TRIAL
1:15 - 2:15, Martha J. Kaser
- Hearing Request - Pre-Trial Conference and Pre-Trial Order
- Request for Referral to Settlement Facilitation or Mediation
- Settlement Conference Information Required by Local Rule
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Parenting Plan
- Hearing Request - Final Hearing
- Witness and Exhibit Lists
- Motions in Limine
- Copies of Exhibits
- Attorney's Fee Affidavit
- Final Order/Judgment
- MODIFICATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDERS
2:15 - 2:45, Betsy Salcedo
- Motion for Modification
- Response to Motion for Modification
- Child Support - Discovery
- Child Support Worksheets - A and B
- Motions for Enforcement of Child Support - Motion for Order to Show Cause, Motion for Arrears Payment, Motion to Determine Arrears, Motion for Wage Withholding
- Response to Motions for Enforcement of Child Support
- Judicial Order for Wage Withholding
- CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT DIVISION
3:00 - 4:30, Betsy Salcedo
- Requirements and Procedures - Public Assistance Case
- Requirements and Procedures - Non-Public Assistance Case
- Services Offered by CSED - Judicial and Administrative
- Full Service
- Establishment of Orders - Includes Interstate
- Enforcement of Orders - Includes Interstate
- Wage Withholding - To Employers and Others
- Passport Denials
- Credit Reporting
- Tax Intercepts
- Professional and Driver's License Referral
- Limited Service
- X Type Cases - Only Pass Through Money as a Service
- Tips for Effective Work With the Child Support Enforcement Division
- How to Determine Case Assignment and CSED and How to Contact CSED Attorney
- Arrears Management Program for State Money Only
- Satisfaction of Private Arrears
- Prisoner Outreach Program
- Affidavit of Direct Payments
- Policy on Certificate of Compliance for Driver's License
- Automated Enforcement
- Caseworker Work and Attorney Work
- Drafting Workable Orders for Entry into CSED Automated Enforcement
- Parties Represented by Counsel
- How Customer Service Works