Skillfully Handle Troubled Real Estate Loans
When foreclosure is looming, you not only need to understand all your client's options, you also need practical techniques for protecting your client's interests. Get the tools you need at this essential seminar. We'll begin with a detailed walk-through of the various loan workout options and the foreclosure process. Then our experienced faculty will take an in-depth look at how to handle the title, environmental and post-foreclosure issues commonly encountered when working with troubled assets. Take your skills to the next level. Register today!
- Know the nuts and bolts of the foreclosure process, including its requirements and procedural pitfalls.
- Learn how to adeptly use the various workout tools and loan modification options at your disposal to avoid foreclosure.
- Recognize the title issues involved in the foreclosure and workout context and learn how to resolve them.
- Maintain an ethical practice by avoiding conflicts of interest and multiple representation issues.
- Learn proven eviction and ejectment techniques to secure property as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the post-foreclosure liability for property preservation, taxes, code violations and other ownership responsibilities.
The Foreclosure Process in New Jersey
9:00 - 10:00, Ann B. Bradley
- Notice Requirements
- Foreclosure Hearing
- Foreclosure Sale
- Upset Bid
- The "Closing" With Third Party Bidders
Workouts – The Various Tools in the Toolbox for Working Out Troubled Real Estate Loans
10:15 - 11:15, Ann B. Bradley
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Loan Modifications
- Discounted Payoffs
Foreclosure Action & A Parallel Law Division Action
11:15 - 12:00, James J. Curry
- The Note & Guaranties
- Deficiency Actions in the Law Division
- Attorney Fees/Costs
Title Issues in the Foreclosure Process and Workout Context
1:00 - 2:15, Stephen McNally
- The Loan Policy
- Using the Title Commitment and Prior Title Information
- Title Aspects of Foreclosure Alternatives
- Title Issues During Foreclosure
- Parties Involved and Obtaining Jurisdiction
- Actions the Mortgage Holder can Take
- Post-Judgment Issues
2:30 - 3:30, Stephen McNally and Juan C. Perez
- Conflicts of Interest
- Multiple Representation Issues
- Due Diligence and Duty to Disclose
- Attorneys' Fees
3:30 - 4:30, Juan C. Perez
- Foreclosing Lender's Responsibilities Under the New Jersey Anti-Eviction Act, and REO Conveyances
- Eviction and Ejectment
- Eviction Procedures and Issues
- Ejectment Procedures and Issues
- Liability for Code Violations, Taxes, Homeowner Dues, Etc.
- Property Preservation Problems