Eliminate the Confusion of FMLA Webinar
1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
Administering FMLA can be risky business — but if properly understood
and used, it can work to your advantage!
Are you familiar with the ins and outs of FMLA? Does your organization have a
thorough policy that covers all of the situations you might face in
administering FMLA? If an employee tries to take advantage of FMLA, would you
know how to handle it?
Don't get caught unprepared. Your organization could end up in a tangled legal
web if you're not familiar with the intricacies of FMLA. With every new court
case, the FMLA becomes better defined … and sometimes more confusing. In just
one hour, you'll gain a better understanding of the FMLA, learn to eliminate
FMLA confusion, and explore real-life issues.
Do you know the answers to these questions?
- A husband and wife work for your organization and both request the full
12-week FMLA leave for the birth of their child. Are they both eligible for
the full 12 weeks of leave?
- An employee working for you on a part-time basis requests FMLA leave. He
has worked at least 1250 hours during the previous 12-month period. Is he
eligible as a part-time employee?
- An employee on FMLA leave argues that you must continue paying her regular
pay while she is on leave. Is she right … or are you in violation of the FMLA?
- An employee with an absenteeism problem continues to claim FMLA leave. Is
this abuse by the individual or is he eligible for FMLA leave?
- An employee requests several weeks of FMLA for a serious health condition.
Your organization requires that the employee provide a medical certificate
from the healthcare provider and the employee balks. Does your organization
have the right to require a medical certificate under the FMLA?
- An employee requests FMLA leave; however, she wants to take unpaid leave
and doesn't want her accrued vacation time used as part of the leave. Can your
organization force her to use her paid vacation leave and count it toward FMLA
If you answered "I'm not sure" or "I don't know" to even one question, then
you need to attend this program to keep yourself and your organization out of
FMLA trouble. This powerful 1-hour Webinar is a worthwhile investment
that could end up saving you thousands of dollars in the long run.
Don't just assume that you're doing it right or that you know enough to get
by. Get a true understanding of the law and be confident that your
organization and its policies are fair, compliant, and consistent.
Who will benefit?
HR professionals, employer representatives, managers and supervisors, and
anyone who is involved with administering FMLA or needs a greater
understanding of the law!
As a result of this training, you will …
- Eliminate the confusion — know what the FMLA really says
- Coordinate your FMLA policy with your other leave policies and avoid
- Understand how FMLA can work to your advantage, how it can quickly turn
against you, and how it can turn downright nasty if you're not careful
- Deal with ugly situations: how to cope with employees who misuse or abuse
- Learn about the latest court cases on FMLA: what to be aware of, what to
watch out for, and what to change
- Discover common misunderstandings: what they are, how they'll get you into
trouble, and how to avoid them
- Uncover the answers — can you fire an employee who's on FMLA leave? How do
you handle pregnancy and maternity/paternity leave quandaries?
You and your entire organization can benefit from this exciting and
informative 1-hour Webinar. Don't miss out — get great training that
could save you a great deal of money in the years to come!
Webinar Start Time: 1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
Webinar and Digital Download - US $248
Webinar Only - US $199
Webinar Digital Download Only - US $199
Immediately following the Webinar, the
phone line will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit
questions to our speaker, time permitting.