Skillfully Handle Troubled Real Estate Loans
When foreclosure is looming, you not only need to understand all your client's options, you also need practical techniques for protecting your client's interests. Get the tools you need at this essential seminar. We'll begin with a detailed walk-through of the various loan workout options and the foreclosure process. Then our experienced faculty will take an in-depth look at how to handle the title, environmental and post-foreclosure issues commonly encountered when working with troubled assets. Take your skills to the next level. Register today!
- Know the nuts and bolts of the foreclosure process, including its requirements and procedural pitfalls.
- Learn how to adeptly use the various workout tools and loan modification options at your disposal to avoid foreclosure.
- Recognize the title issues involved in the foreclosure and workout context and learn how to resolve them.
- Mitigate the environmental risk associated with troubled assets using tips from our experienced faculty.
- Maintain an ethical practice by avoiding conflicts of interest and multiple representation issues.
- Learn proven eviction and ejectment techniques to secure property as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
The Foreclosure Process in Kentucky
9:00 - 10:15, Dennis R. Carrithers
- Notice Requirements
- Foreclosure Hearing
- Foreclosure Sale
- Upset Bid
- The "Closing" With Third Party Bidders
Workouts – The Various Tools in the Toolbox for Working Out Troubled Real Estate Loans
10:15 - 11:00, Laura Day DelCotto
- Forbearance Agreements - Structure and Important Provisions
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure - Non-Merger Provisions
- Lender Liability Issues
- Rent Attachment - Cash Management Agreements
- Pursuit of Guarantors
- Deficiency Judgment Issues
Environmental Issues in the Foreclosure Process
11:15 - 12:15, Richard A. Greenberg
- Environmental Conditions at Foreclosed Properties
- Assessment/Reassessment of Environmental Risk
- Liability Protection for Lenders
Title Issues in the Foreclosure Process and Workout Context
1:15 - 2:15, Peter N. Gannott
- The Loan Policy
- Using the Title Commitment and Prior Title Information
- Title Aspects of Foreclosure Alternatives
- Title Issues During Foreclosure
- Parties Involved and Obtaining Jurisdiction
- Actions the Mortgage Holder can Take
- Post-Judgment Issues
Real Estate Issues in Bankruptcy
2:30 - 3:30, Peter N. Gannott
- The Scope and Effect of the Automatic Stay on Foreclosures
- Leases and Other Executory Contracts
- Use and Sale of Real Property
- Restructuring Real Estate Debt
- Single Asset Real Estate (SARE) Cases
3:30 - 4:30, Laura Day DelCotto
- Disclosure to the Borrower
- Conflicts of Interest
- Solicitation of Professional Employment