Survive the Assessment and Minimize Risk
This seminar will prepare you for an OSHA inspection so you can minimize liabilities and defend yourself from citations. Hear from experienced attorneys and learn defense tactics so you can know the ins and outs of the process. You will learn how to maintain an employee's safety and avoid reasons for OSHA inspectors to have to pay a visit. Attendees will gain: a comprehensive update of OSHA's ever-changing requirements, an understanding of OSHA record-keeping basics and ways to avoid and defend the most common violations. Register today!
- Understand how OSHA inspections are prioritized so you can stay off their radar.
- Know how state and federal OSHA programs differ and how jurisdictions are directed.
- Be able to identify if and when an inspector is violating employer rights.
- Review the latest regulations and alerts related to the construction industry.
- Identify the due diligence process to apply after an OSHA inspection.
- Employ effective defense techniques such as the misconduct defense in order to win your case.
- Apply recordkeeping requirements for work related incidents so you can remain in compliance.
- OSHA Fundamentals and Employer Rights
9:00 - 9:45, Joel R. Hlavaty
- What You Need to Know about OSHA Inspections
9:45 - 10:30, Rebecca J. Bennett
- How are Inspections Prioritized?
- What Happens During the Inspection?
- Top 10 Violations
- New OSHA Developments
- State Occupational Safety and Health Plans
10:45 - 11:30, Patricia A. Poole
- State Regulations
- Enforcement Programs
- Federal vs. State OSH Programs
- Special Concerns for Construction
11:30 - 12:00 Patricia A. Poole
- Industry Alerts
- Special Concerns for Manufacturing
12:00 - 12:30, Patricia A. Poole
- Recordkeeping Requirements for Injuries and Incidents
1:30 -2:15, Joel R. Hlavaty
- State Regulations
- Due Diligence after the OSHA Inspection
2:15 - 3:00, Brian K. Brittain and Rob Medlock
- Interviewing Witnesses
- Reviewing Documentation
- Training and Disciplinary Records
- Incident and Injury Logs
- OSHA Defense Techniques
3:15 - 4:30, Brian K. Brittain and Rob Medlock
- How an OSHA Citation can Affect Your Business
- Federal Defenses
- State Defenses
- The Misconduct Defense