Civil Court Procedure and Strategy Boot Camp
Get a Comprehensive Review of the Civil Litigation Process
This two-day practical guide to civil litigation will walk you through the structure and strategy of a lawsuit from client intake and initial filing through settlement, trial and post-trial remedies. Take the time to ask your most pressing questions and find out what works and what doesn't in real-life situations. Get efficiency tips from seasoned litigators. Register today!
- Get two full days of civil litigation training for only $575, so you can navigate the court system with ease.
- Learn what they don't teach you in law school - hear real-life examples from experienced faculty.
- Gain a quick refresher on the structure and function of the various courts and learn how state civil procedure differs from federal.
- Get a head start on the case with detailed instructions on how to properly initiate action with a court.
- Avoid unnecessary and frustrating delays - learn to identify all the important case-related deadlines and plan your work around them.
- Follow proper discovery procedures to the letter to ensure thorough and admissible evidence supports your case.
- Make the best use of pretrial motions with precise timing and impeccable execution.
- Deliver a compelling opening statement for a favorable first impression.
- Learn when and how to object without alienating the judge or jury.
- Guide your witnesses in providing persuasive and compelling testimony.
- Diminish the influence of opposing testimony: know how to limit responses and highlight prior inconsistencies.
- Be persuasive: use easy, inexpensive technology to tell a compelling story.
- Review a number of scenarios that test the bounds of legal ethics and come up with acceptable solutions together.
- Avoid fatal missteps in filing notices of appeal and other documentation.
- The Structure and Overview of the Court System
- Commencing the Action
- Responsive Pleadings -What to Use, When and How
- Non-Complaint Claims and Third Party Practice
- The Purpose, Procedure and Strategy of Discovery
- Motions, Notices and Hearings
- Maintaining an Ethical Practice
- Settlements and Judgments before Trial
- How to Select the Right Jury for Your Case
- Opening Statements - Telling a Compelling Story
- Skillful Use of Objections
- Getting the Best Out of Witness Examination
- Effective Use of Exhibits
- Closing Statements and Final Jury Instructions
- Post-Trial Tactics - Judgments, Appeals, Enforcement