Defending the Capital Punishment Case Seminar
Effectively Defend Your Client During A Capital Case
While all of your cases are important, none carry as much weight as a case where the possible consequence is the death penalty. These cases are unlike others and there are specific rules and strategies you need to know in order to best represent your client. A life is in your hands – it's important for you to have the best training possible, and fully develop your knowledge and expertise. How do your skills measure up?
This innovative seminar blends both a lecture-style delivery and skill-building exercises, so you can be confidently prepared to represent your clients during these highly-charged cases. After attending, you'll be able to effectively assess and evaluate the case, so you can start off on the right foot. Leave no stone unturned with thorough case investigation techniques. Build the best possible case with a clear strategy and in-depth preparation. Get hands-on experience with sample motions and pleadings, and participate in mock negotiation exercises to hone your skills. Practice how to select the right jury and lead them to a positive verdict for your client with persuasive trial presentation skills. Prepare an action plan for the capital punishment phase of the trial and know what the next step is if the jury decides in favor of the death penalty. Make sure you're at the top of your game when defending these cases - register today!
- Build foundations for a successful case when assessing the situation and the client.
- Find out how to use technology as an effective tool during the investigation phase of the trial.
- Prepare evidence and exhibits for maximum impact with our pre-trial pointers.
- Discern the non-verbal cues that can help you eliminate unfavorable jurors.
- Participate in practical exercises – including mock negotiations and mock jury selection – that will give your case the edge.
- Initial Case Assessment, Evaluation and Appearances
- Conducting a Thorough Investigation of the Capital Case
- Effectively Preparing the Capital Case for Trial
- Successful Pleadings, Motions and Negotiations
- Keys to Successful Jury Selection
- Litigating the Capital Crime Case
- Ethical Considerations for the Criminal Attorney
- The Capital Punishment Penalty Trial
- Post-Conviction Considerations, Litigation and Appeals