Effective Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy Seminar
Learn bankruptcy rules and procedures so you can protect your creditor clients
The debtor who's been avoiding repayment for months has just filed for bankruptcy; do you know what options are available so you can collect what is owed? Even during bankruptcy proceedings, creditors still have rights and remedies. Take advantage of your rights with help from this practical course. You'll learn the nuts and bolts of creditor involvement during bankruptcy proceedings and gain the skills to employ each possible tactic. Register today!
- Apply representation strategies for both secured and unsecured creditors.
- Explore creditors' options in every type of bankruptcy.
- Find out what special rights landlords and lessors have in bankruptcy.
- Learn how to obtain priority in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Review the bankruptcy process for Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 filings.
- Clarify the priority of claims and determine the creditor's chances of retrieval.
- Know what post-judgment remedies are available to collect what is owed.
- REPRESENTING GENERAL UNSECURED CREDITORS
9:00 - 9:45, Danial D. Pharris
- BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE BANKRUPTCY PROCESS, CHAPTER 7, CHAPTER 11 AND CHAPTER 13
9:45 - 10:45, Michael C. Malnati
- Claim Bar Date and Objections to Discharge and Dischargeability.
- REPRESENTING SECURED CREDITORS
11:00 - 12:00, Philip L. Bednar
- Review of the Cash Collateral and Adequate Protection Orders, Modification of Stay. Priority, Extent and Amount of Secured Claim Issues.
- LANDLORDS AND TENANTS
1:00 - 1:45, Joel Watkins Jr.
- Assumption and Rejection of Leases. Shopping Center Leases and Other Specific Concerns.
- RECLAMATION RIGHTS
1:45 - 2:30, Danial D. Pharris
- Orders of Reclamation and How to Obtain Priority in the Bankruptcy Proceedings.
- EXECUTORY CONTRACTS
2:45 - 3:30, Philip L. Bednar
- What is an Executory Contract, Review of Assumption and Rejection Requirements for Timely Assumption. Prerequisites to Assumption of Executory Contracts.
- ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
3:30 - 4:30, Joel Watkins Jr.
- Collection Letters and Communication With the Debtor, Misrepresentation, Harassment, Attorneys' Fees, Violations of the Injunction