Insights From WISHA Seminar
Survive the Assessment and Minimize Risk
This seminar will prepare you for a WISHA inspection so you can minimize liabilities and defend yourself from citations. Hear from the Division of Occupational Safety and Health to get their perspective of an inspection and learn attorney defense tactics so you can know the ins and outs of the process. You will learn how to maintain an employee's safety and avoid reasons for WISHA inspectors to have to pay a visit. Attendees will gain: a comprehensive update of WISHA's ever-changing requirements and ways to avoid and defend the most common violations. Are you prepared to respond to WISHA's new inspection tactics designed to impose willful citations? Learn what to expect in accident investigations and national emphasis intensive inspections. Register today!
- Understand how WISHA inspections are prioritized so you can stay off their radar.
- Know how state and federal WISHA programs differ and how jurisdictions are directed.
- Be able to identify if and when an inspector is violating employer rights.
- Review the latest regulations and alerts related to the construction industry.
- Identify the due diligence process to apply after a WISHA inspection.
- Employ effective defense techniques such as the misconduct defense in order to win your case.
- WISHA Fundamentals and Employer Rights
9:00 - 10:00, Robert M. Howie
- What You Need to Know about DOSH/OSHA Inspections
10:00 - 11:00, Maggie Leland
- How are Inspections Prioritized?
- What Happens During the Inspection?
- Top 10 Violations
- New DOSH/OSHA Developments
- State Occupational Safety and Health Plans
11:15 - 12:15, Robert A. Battles
- State Regulations
- Enforcement Programs
- Federal vs. State OSH Programs
- Special Concerns for Construction - Tort Liability
1:15 - 2:15, Derek Moore
- Tort Liability Under
Stute and Afoa
- Current Developments
- Special Concerns for Manufacturing
2:15 - 3:00, Douglas B. Ehlke
- Invasive OSHA Inspection Techniques
- Managing WISHA Inspections
3:15 - 3:50, Ralph C. Pond
- How a WISHA Citation can Affect Your Business
- Federal Defenses
- State Defenses
- The Misconduct Defense
- After the Inspection: Abatement, Appeals and Reassumption
3:50 - 4:30, Ralph C. Pond
- Interviewing Witnesses
- Reviewing Documentation
- Training and Disciplinary Records
- Incident and Injury Logs