Explore the Science Involved in Each Auto Collision Case
Your legal knowledge of the auto injury litigation process is impeccable, but to truly master the practice you must have a deeper understanding of how the crash occurs, identify its short- and long-term consequences, and know what evidence exists to prove it. This unique course offers you the combined expertise of biomechanics, insurance, and medical experts, along with seasoned attorney faculty, to round out your knowledge of the collision. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your skills – register today!
- Learn the science of a car crash from mechanical, medical, insurance and legal experts.
- Find out what the vehicle damage can tell you about how the collision occurred.
- Review common collision scenarios and learn how safety restraints affect the injuries.
- Explore common car crash injuries and review standard of care for their diagnosis and management.
- Stay within ethical boundaries with tips for dealing with lying clients and multiple representation.
- Find out what goes into the insurance claim investigation report and its role in the case.
- Tie all the evidence together with a legal analysis of its admissibility and use in settlement and at trial.
- Get cost-effective tips for reconstructing the accident in the courtroom.
The Mechanics of the Collision
9:00 - 10:00, Timothy C. Behrens
- Recreating Vehicle Trajectories
- Accounting for Road Conditions and Other Contributing Factors
- Auto Mechanics of the Crash
- How to Recognize an Auto Defect Case
Biomechanics: What Happens to a Body in Common Collision Scenarios
10:15 - 11:15, Dr. Patrick R. Hannon
Collision Injuries: Diagnosis and Management
11:15 - 12:15, Dr. Michael Iliescu
- Brain Damage, Concussions
- Neck Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bruises and Lacerations
- Internal Injuries
1:15 - 2:15, Mark A. Raczkowski
- Rules of Professional Conduct - Applied
- Can an Attorney Represent Multiple Parties in a Case? – Preventing Conflicts of Interest
- Protecting Confidentiality
- What to Do When You Think Your Client is Lying
The Role of the Insurance Investigation in the Auto Injury Case – Sample Report Review
2:15 - 3:00, Johanna Vannini
Assessing, Proving, and Litigating Collision Damages
3:15 - 4:00, Mark A. Raczkowski
- Effective Evidence Tactics
- Medical Records – Where to Look and How to Read Them
- Tips for Negotiating the Damages
- Presenting Damages in Court
Trial Exhibits and Accident Reconstruction in the Courtroom
4:00 - 4:30, Daniel Torrens