Planning For Long Term Care - Elderly Care Law Seminar
Get the Skills You Need to Fund and Organize Continuing Care
With the rising costs of long-term care and the health/benefits laws in flux, do you have the most up-to-date actionable knowledge to ensure your clients' elder care needs are met? This fast-paced instruction reviews key areas of concern and offers practical tactics for qualifying clients for benefits and funding continuing care. Register today!
- Get crucial skills for organizing and funding elder care and qualifying for benefits.
- Account for the recent and imminent regulatory changes in planning for Medicaid.
- Review the procedure of qualifying clients for VA benefits, and maintain your accreditation.
- Find out what you can and must do to protect elderly clients from neglect and abuse.
- Get a bird's eye view of the long term care system to help coordinate all the elements of your plan.
- Ethics Issues in Long Term Care Planning
9:00 - 10:00, Franchelle Cole Millender
- How Rules of Professional Conduct Apply
- Who Is Your Client?
- Conflicts of Interest
- Mental Capacity of the Client
- Advance Planning
10:00 - 10:45, Mitchell C. Payne
- Durable Power of Attorney for Financial Matters
- Health care Power of Attorney
- Living Will
- Wills and Trusts
- Advance Planning for the Blended (or not so blended) Family
11:00 - 11:30, Charles M. Black Jr.
- Overview of Long Term Care
11:30 - 12:15, Franchelle Cole Millender
- Living Arrangements
- Retirement Communities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Adult Day Care
- Nursing Homes
- Payment for Long Term Care
- Health Insurance
- Private Payment
- Long Term Care Insurance
- VA Benefits
- Medicare Benefits for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Home Health Care
1:15 - 1:45, Andrew J. Atkins
- VA Benefits for LTC Services
1:45 - 2:30, Mitchell C. Payne
- Who Qualifies
- What are the Benefits?
- How to Counsel and Assist Clients with VA Qualification
- Current Issues in Medicaid Qualification for Nursing Home Care and In-Home Services
2:45 - 3:45, Charles M. Black Jr.
- The Basic Eligibility Requirements for Individuals
- The Application Process
- Qualifying an Institutionalized Spouse
- Transfer of Assets Rules
- Real Estate, Promissory Notes, Mortgages, Annuities and other Special Assets
- Estate Recovery
- Post-Eligibility: Helping the Client Maintain Eligibility through Redetermination and Changes
- Appeals and Judicial Review
- Legal Interventions to Protect At-Risk Elders from Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation
3:45 - 4:30, Andrew J. Atkins
- Why This is a Growing Issue
- Adult Protective Services
- Guardianships and Conservatorships