Unleashing the Power of Microsoft Office and
Adobe for Lawyers Seminar
Find Out How The Software You Already Have And Use Can Make You A Better Lawyer
While the saying “we only use 10% of our brains” is false, the fact that we underutilize our everyday software is undeniable. This engaging course will show you how to tap into the hidden capabilities of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat to simplify legal tasks, streamline document drafting and review, and enhance your case research and organization. Realize the true potential of all the tools at your disposal – register today!
- Re-discover and re-invent your available software to enhance everyday legal tasks.
- Create customized forms and questionnaires for all your discovery and client intake needs.
- Don't reinvent the wheel – learn how to save large blocks of text for easy inclusion in new documents.
- Simplify the process of document review and collaboration with MS Word and Adobe Acrobat advice from experienced legal professionals.
- Better analyze financial data and demonstrate patterns with a PivotChart demonstration.
- Learn to share documents and Excel workbooks to allow multiple users to manage data simultaneously.
- Customize your favorite program's interface to minimize clicks and improve productivity.
- Create powerful PowerPoint presentations for use in court, in CLE, and in educating clients.
- Find out how Adobe Acrobat, a scanner, and a bit of advice can make the paperless law office a reality.
- Manage your time and communications more effectively with MS Outlook.
- Find out whether Open Office alternatives are an acceptable substitute for your law practice.
- MS Word: Legal Document Drafting and User Tips
9:00 - 10:00, Dario D. Diaz
- Document Production Tips
- Creating Templates
- Saving Blocks of Text for Future Re-Use
- Advanced Formatting Tips
- Customizing Your Interface: Modifying Toolbars to Eliminate Extra Clicks
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
- Conversions to and from WordPerfect and Other Formats
- Document Review and Collaborative Tools
- Automating Repetitive Tasks
- Restricting Access/Permissions - Customized
- The Many Uses of Excel in Legal Practice
10:00 - 10:45, Michael F. Uzdavines
- Using PivotCharts and PivotTables for Financial Data Analysis
- Transfer of Data (and Formatting) between Excel and Other Applications
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts and Simple Helpful Macros
- MS Outlook: Compliant Client Communications and Scheduling
11:00 - 11:45, Michael F. Uzdavines
- Advanced Calendaring
- Proactive E-mail Management to Save Time
- Syncing up Outlook with Smartphones and all Other Devices
- Smarter Organization of Your Contacts and Tasks
- E-Mail Security Tips
- MS PowerPoint for Courtroom and Client Presentations
11:45 - 12:30, Dario D. Diaz
- The Do's and Don'ts of Your PPT Presentation Appearance
- Creating and Sharing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Embedding Video
- Common Mistakes to Avoid
- PowerPoint Presentations in Court
- Going Paperless with Adobe Acrobat and a Scanner
1:30 - 2:00, Dario D. Diaz
- Creating Editable Forms and Questionnaires with Adobe – Case Study
2:00 - 2:30, Dario D. Diaz
- Creating a Client Intake Questionnaire
- Fast, Efficient Legal Document Review in Adobe
2:30 - 3:00, Michael F. Uzdavines
- Comparing Documents for Disparities
- Error Checking
- Document Sharing and Collaboration Tools
- Helpful User Tips for Adobe Acrobat X
3:15 - 3:45, Michael F. Uzdavines
- Standard vs. Pro
- Restricting Access/Permissions
- Optimizing Use Interface – Customizing Menus
- Converting Documents from and into PDF Format (to and from Word, Excel, PPT, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Removing Metadata
- Using Action Wizards to Save Time
- Open Office Alternatives: Pros and Cons for Small Firm Practitioners
3:45 - 4:30, Dario D. Diaz