Dividing Debt During Divorce
Learn the Latest Strategies You Need to Properly Divide Debt During Divorce
Divorce financials have gotten much more complicated over the past few years. It's no longer a matter of who receives which assets, but rather a matter of how to divide the marriage debt fairly between the two spouses. Mortgage Problems, bankruptcy and defaulted credit cards are now common issues. Do you know how to correctly deal with these critical issues to ensure your clients get the fair end of the stick? Equip yourself with the latest strategies you need to be able to handle complex debt issues during these already unpleasant proceedings. Whether your client is simply late on their mortgage payment, struggling with joint credit card debt or about to file bankruptcy during his/her divorce, this seminar will give you the insight to ensure your client receives the best solution possible – Register Today!
- Learn the latest techniques needed to properly tackle complicated debt issues during divorce such as foreclosure, bankruptcy, credit cards, student loans, medical expenses and taxes.
- Identify key discovery tactics for locating and valuing debt.
- Acquire strategies to properly handle foreclosures and short sales during divorce.
- Manage your client's financial portfolio correctly and identify problematic issues.
- Learn how to fairly divide credit card debt and save your client's credit score.
- Understand the proper forms associated with dividing debt during proceedings.
- Explore when a forensic accountant is needed vs. a CPA vs. a valuation expert.
- Gain a better understanding of how to add clauses to the agreement on joint tax returns.
- Get the latest information surrounding the impact of new bankruptcy laws on the dischargeability of marital debt and property settlements.
- Learn common mortgage mistakes made during divorce and how to prevent them from happening.
- Debt Discovery
- Digging Out of the Depths of Divorce Debt: What You Need to Know Before Getting Started
- Mortgage/Foreclosure Issues During Divorce
- Sample Forms, Checklists and Letters Used to Divide Debt
- Master Your Client's Credit Cards (and Other Miscellaneous Expenses)
- 'Til Death or Taxes Do Us Part: The Effect of Income Taxation on Divorce
- When Bankruptcy Meets Divorce
- Ethical Concerns and the Dissolution of Marriage