Administrative Law in Washington - Legal Seminar
Experienced Attorney Speakers and Case Study Reviews - Your Guide to Success
Navigating administrative hearing procedures can be complex and confusing for attorneys who are unfamiliar with the unique characteristics of regulatory law and agencies. However, if you are knowledgeable about your state's administrative practices, you will find yourself being sought out by clients to work on a wide range of profitable cases. Get the tailored CLE you need to effectively advocate for your clients. Register today!
- Review the general principles of rule making and procedural due process in administrative law.
- Identify some of the most common state and federal administrative law divisions.
- Understand the difference between civil litigation strategies and administrative hearing best practices.
- Be prepared in case an administrative law judge requests additional documents be submitted after the hearing.
- Identify the similarities and differences between the federal and state Administrative Procedures Act.
Case studies, step-by-step procedures and best practices will be discussed throughout the day.
- State vs. Federal Administrative Procedure Act
9:00 - 10:00, Michael K. Vaska
- Discovery and Evidentiary Issues
10:15 - 11:15, Polly L. McNeill
- Mediation and Other ADR Methods
11:15 - 12:15, Kristen J. Larson
- Hearing Strategies
1:15 - 2:15, Michele Radosevich
- Post-Hearing and Appeal Proceedings
2:15 - 3:15, Philip A. Talmadge
3:30 - 4:30, Thomas M. Fitzpatrick