Do you ever...
..."Zone out" during meetings, classes, or discussions?
...Have difficulty "reading" a person's body language?
...Respond inappropriately during meetings or discussions?
...Have difficulty taking effective notes during meetings or discussions?
...Avoid speaking with certain people because of personality conflicts?
...Have trouble retaining complex information during meetings or discussions?
If "YES" to any of these questions, you are likely a "Passive Listener".
To become an "Active Listener" you need to develop specific listening goals and specific strategies to achieve those goals. But you also need to understand the goals and communication preferences (and idiosyncrasies) of the people you listen to.
What are the training objectives for this program?
Participants will learn how to:
* Recognize & adapt to positive or negative body language by others
* Use their own body language to make others more receptive to their message
* Quickly identify the true intentions of the people they communicate with
* Take efficient and effective notes during classes, meetings, and conversations
* Stay alert & focused to actively listen for key information during classes & meetings
* Listen & respond effectively during confrontations with difficult and angry people
"The listening concepts and ideas were easy to understand and can be incorporated into my routine fairly seamlessly"
Joseph Petro, Attorney - Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Shulman & Rapkin, LLC
"I learned how to become more aware of speaker styles and how to communicate better with the different styles."
Rick Brunner, Sales Engineer (DPWolff, Inc.)
"Very informative and innovative."
Anthony Pepe, Vice-President (DPWolff, Inc.)
"I liked learning about the knowledge to become more aware of speaker styles and how to communicate better with the different styles."
Rick Brunner, Sales Engineer
"I enjoyed learning how to relate to different thinking and personality styles, memory and listening styles. I can certainly use many of the techniques presented Thank you!"
Lynette Williamson, Administration Officer
Can you customize Target Listening for organizations and groups?
Yes, we can tailor this program to meet the specific training needs of any organization or group. We also offer the following all-inclusive rates:
Group Rate: $2,500 (up to 30 participants)
Per Person Rate: $195 (minimum of 5 participants)
These rates include:
* A 1-day interactive training class customized to your specifications
* Delivery of the class at a location and time of your choosing
* All Target Learning administration and travel expenses
* A workbook for each participant containing all the listening strategies
* Worksheets to apply the strategies using their personal thinking style
* Six months of access to your instructor after the training class
Is this program available online?
Yes, we offer Target Listening as an online program with the following features:
* On-Demand Scheduling (you start when you want)
* Three months of online access using any Internet-capable device
* Three months of online access to your own Target Learning instructor
* Interactive slide presentation with a voice & text narrative
* A workbook containing all the strategies with implementation steps
* Templates to apply the strategies using your personal thinking style
Target Listening Webinar Cost: $60 per person
Contact us to request onsite training
info at findaseminar.com
--- SAMPLE OUTLINE ---
SECTION 1 - HOW WE THINK
LEARNING STYLE INDICATOR
An assessment tool to help you identify how you (and your speaker) prefer to receive new information.
THINKING STYLE INDICATOR
An assessment tool to help you identify how you and your speaker prefer to process information.
LISTENING SKILL INDICATOR
An assessment tool to help you identify your current listening strengths and weaknesses.
SECTION 2 - LISTENING PREP
CREATING A LISTENING GOAL
Steps you should take before going to a meeting, class, or discussion - to ensure you are mentally prepared to listen effectively.
A variety of practical and flexible note-taking structures that will ensure you are physically prepared to listen effectively.
CONFLICT LISTENING PREP
You will learn multiple strategies to help you communicate professionally & calmly with individuals in conflict situations (i.e. reprimanding employees, personality conflicts, etc.)..
SECTION 3 - ACTIVE LISTENING
In this section, you will learn before, during, and after steps to ensure you actively listen and respond effectively during the following listening events:
- Meetings and Classes
- Individual and Group Discussions
- Telephone Conversations
- Communicating with Opposite Thinking Styles
SECTION 4 - LISTENING CHALLENGES
Several mental obstacles to being an effective listener, and how to overcome them.
Several workplace, environmental, and organizational obstacles to being an effective listener, and how to overcome them.
COMMON LISTENING MISTAKES
A list of several listening mistakes and how to avoid them.
LISTEN TO THE BODY
Several strategies for recognizing and adapting to the body language of you speaker.
SECTION 5 - COMMUNICATING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE
This section will show you how to listen and respond effectively when communicating with people who are close-minded, angry, selfish, or political.
Training Seminar Time:
Check-In begins at 8:30AM Training Program 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Purchase the OnDemand training and train on your time.