What are the training objectives for this program?
Participants will learn how to:
* Improve their critical reading and thinking skills
* Improve their concentration skills while reading
* Increase their overall reading speed
* Improve their overall comprehension
* Improve their retention & recall for everything they read
* Find key information quickly and accurately
* Quickly decipher complex reading materials
* Time manage their reading assignments
How can this reading program help?
The reading technique we learned as children were designed to help us comprehend highly structured materials in a predictable and controlled learning environment. As adults we must read large volumes of complex (and often unstructured) material in a rushed - and sometimes chaotic - work environment.
As you may have already discovered, if you don't properly adapt your reading style to different types of material you will experience information overload - a feeling of frustration and helplessness because you believe you don't have enough time to read everything you need to read within stated deadlines. For many adults this can cause a "why do I even bother" attitude that results in a mediocre reading effort - which leads to slower reading speeds, poor comprehension, and a weak critical analysis of the information they read.
"Overall, I was really impressed. I was skeptical in the beginning. I am now very pleased to say it really honestly works."
Stephen Rhudy (Public Seminar)
"The instructor was very good at gearing the course to the expressed needs of the students."
Darlene Tozier (Public Seminar)
"I increased my reading speed and was still able to comprehend what I read."
Russell Bowman (Impact Ministries)
"I liked the results - significant increases in both my reading speed and comprehension."
Dave Allain, Systems Analyst
"I like the workbook that we are able to keep and refer to later. I also like the fact that we can contact the instructor by e-mail later with all our questions."
Kristie Risenger - Administrative Assistant
Can you customize Target Reading for organizations and groups?
Yes, we can tailor this program to meet the specific training needs of any organization or group. We also offer the following all-inclusive rates:
Group Rate: $2,500 (up to 30 participants)
Per Person Rate: $195 (minimum of 5 participants)
These rates include:
* A 1-day interactive training class customized to your specifications
* Delivery of the class at a location and time of your choosing
* All Target Learning administration and travel expenses
* A workbook for each participant containing all the writing strategies
* Worksheets to apply the strategies using their personal thinking style
* Six months of access to your instructor after the training class
Contact us to request onsite training