Administrative Law in South Carolina - Legal
Insights From Judges and Experienced Attorneys - Your Guide to Success
Navigating administrative hearing procedures can be complex and confusing for attorneys who are unfamiliar with the unique characteristics of regulatory law and agencies. However, if you are knowledgeable about your state's administrative practices, you will find yourself being sought out by clients to work on a wide range of profitable cases. Know how to handle a case that needs to appear before an administrative tribunal with confidence and ease. Get the tailored CLE you need to effectively advocate for your clients. Register today!
- Hear from administrative law judges in order to learn their particular likes and dislikes during the hearing.
- Review the general principles of rule making and procedural due process in administrative law.
- Identify best practices for presenting a contested case before the Public Service Commission.
- Know the latest regulations and developments in the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
- Utilize tips and tactics when bringing an appeals case before the tribunal.
Administrative Law in South Carolina: Constitutional Considerations
9:00 - 9:45, Randolph R. Lowell
The Administrative Law Court: View from Counsel's Table
9:45 - 10:45, John (Jack) J. Pringle and Mary D. Shahid
The Administrative Law Court: View from the Bench
11:00 - 12:15, Written by Randolph R. Lowell. Presented by the Panel of Administrative Law Judges.
Contested Cases Before Other Agencies: Procurement and the PSC
1:15 - 2:15, John (Jack) J. Pringle
Hot Topics in Administrative Law: DHEC
2:30 - 3:10, Mary D. Shahid
Hot Topics in Administrative Law: Agency Deference
3:10 - 3:30, Randolph R. Lowell
3:30 - 4:30, Randolph R. Lowell, John (Jack) J. Pringle and Mary D. Shahid
If you reside outside the US or Canada please
International Registrants Policy before registering