Business Law Boot Camp - Business Law Seminar
Learn Current Procedures and Best Practices
In order to successfully advise your business clients, it's essential that you remain up to date on best practices and the latest developments. At this fast-paced program you will learn practical tips and techniques from experienced practitioners on a variety of matters ranging from contracts to taxes; and at the end of the day you will return to your desk with a handy resource and the know-how to effectively represent any business client. Don't miss this opportunity to hone your skills. Register today!
- Learn the latest procedures and best practices regarding business law so you can confidently represent your clients.
- Secure your clients' business interests: utilize practical tips for drafting LLCs.
- Draft solid business contracts that mitigate the possibility of future disputes.
- Get the latest information regarding sales and use tax including the online and inter-state sale of goods.
- Prepare for negotiating mergers and acquisition deals so you can effectively advocate for your clients.
- Recognize ethical concerns when practicing business law.
- FORMING LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES (LLCs)
9:00 - 10:30, Peter Nealis
- Initial Considerations
- Drafting Articles of Organization
- Drafting the Operating Agreement
- Rights and Duties of Members
- Management Structure
- Assignments of Membership Interests
- Buy-Sell Provisions
- Security Interests
- Dissolution and Liquidation
- PREPARING COMMON BUSINESS CONTRACTS
10:45 - 12:00, Ralph J. Palmisano
- The Well Drafted Contract vs. Poorly Drafted Contract
- Settlement Agreements and Releases
- Employment Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Real Property Leases
- Indemnity Agreements
- Covenants Not to Sue
- Joint Venture Agreements
- UNDERSTANDING SALES AND USE TAX
1:00 - 2:00, Steven A. Dimengo
- What Goods and Services are Taxable
- Exemptions From Tax
- Determining Tax Base
- Registration, Permits and Reporting Requirements
- Tax Enforcement
- Compliance Penalties
- CLARIFYING PROCEDURES IN MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS OF PRIVATELY-HELD COMPANIES
2:15 - 3:30, Tony Kuhel
- Preliminary Considerations
- Drafting Acquisition Documents
- Strategic Provisions in Stock and Asset Purchase Agreements
- Representations and Warranties
- Covenants and Conditions
- Indemnification and Adjustments to Price
- Legal Opinions
- Negotiation Strategies
- Tax Issues
- Pre-Closing, Closing, and Post-Closing Considerations and Checklists
- MAINTAINING ETHICS IN BUSINESS LAW
3:30 - 4:30, Michael A. Ellis
- The Role of the Attorney as Advisor in Entity Formation
- Conflicts of Interest: Who is the Client?
- The Importance of Confidentiality
- Adequacy of Fees and Charges