Administrative Law in Tennessee
Navigating administrative hearing procedures can be complex and confusing for attorneys who are unfamiliar with the unique characteristics of regulatory law and agencies. However, if you are knowledgeable about your state's administrative practices, you will find yourself being sought out by clients to work on a wide range of profitable cases. Know how to handle a case that needs to appear before an administrative tribunal with confidence and ease. Get the tailored CLE you need to effectively advocate for your clients. Register today!
- Review the general principles of rule making and procedural due process in administrative law.
- Utilize best practices to glean all the necessary information from clients during the initial consultation so you can start the case out on the right track.
- Know when an informal hearing or settlement conference is in your client's best interest.
- Effectively gather usable evidence and prepare witnesses that support your claim.
- Understand the difference between civil litigation strategies and administrative hearing best practices.
- Be prepared in case an administrative law judge requests additional documents be submitted after the hearing.
- Identify the similarities and differences between the federal and state Administrative Procedures Act.
Case studies, step-by-step procedures and best practices will be discussed throughout the day.
- Initial Client Consultation
9:00 - 9:45, Katherine A. Young
- Informal Hearing and Settlement Conferences
9:45 - 10:30, Link A. Gibbons
- Preparing to File Your Case
10:45 - 11:30, Benjamin S. Burton
- Discovery and Evidentiary Issues
11:30 - 12:15, Katherine A. Young
- Witness Preparation Strategies
1:15 - 2:00, Katherine A. Young
- Mediation and Other ADR Methods
2:00 - 2:45, Link A. Gibbons
- Hearing Strategies
3:00 - 3:45, Link A. Gibbons
- Post-Hearing and Appeal Proceedings
3:45 - 4:30, Benjamin S. Burton