Managing a Virtual Team - Off-Site / Long
Distance Training Seminar
The Virtual Workplace Is Here. It Requires a
Whole New Set of Skills for Managers.
You can’t manage employees who work remotely the same way you manage those you
see in the workplace every day. You don’t have the same amount of face-to-face
time with them. Opportunities for informal one-on-ones in the break room or
hallways are nonexistent.
Email and phone communication pales in effectiveness compared with live human
interaction, and while videoconferencing is getting better and better every day,
even it has its limitations. Plus, how do you know employees are working
diligently when you can’t see them?
We already know we’re not telling you anything new here. Managing a team that’s
either completely or partially off-site has its challenges, and it’s your job to
rise to those challenges. That has been difficult, but it’s much easier now.
Why? Because our new one-day seminar, Managing a Virtual Team, is packed with
all the how-to techniques you need to keep your off-site employees energized,
productive, and fully integrated into the team.
When it comes down to it, the human side of management has always been and will
always be the most important part of your job. It’s not easy when employees work
remotely — but it can be done. This training is THE best and easiest way to
become a master at managing a virtual team.
Managing a Virtual Team
Management Essentials for Leading Virtual
- Top ways managing virtually differs from
managing in-house employees
- Key benefits and common pitfalls of managing a
- Understanding the unique issues your remote
- When and why it’s beneficial to allow a
virtual working arrangement
- How employee core function (sales, technical,
creative, etc.) affects how you manage your virtual employees
- Why self-disciplined self-starters are
typically your best candidates for virtual roles
Technology and the Virtual Employee
- What tools are available – and the pros and
cons of each
- Why email is so doggone dangerous!
- Videoconferencing fundamentals
- Conducting effective meetings with remote
- Technical glitches – plan for them – they will
- Why everyone must become stronger listeners
- Creating effective feedback channels – for
manager-employee and employee-team connections
- Establishing communication ground rules
- Recognizing the signs that suggest
communication lines are broken … before it’s too late!
- Creating a sense of team spirit and personal
- How to promote team-strengthening interaction
when face-to-face interactions are rare
- Creating a virtual culture of collaboration
- How to conduct effective virtual meetings so
everyone participates and benefits
- Trust-building strategies for getting on-site
and off-site employees to work together effectively
Employee Engagement & Performance Management
- Establishing clear priorities, objectives, and
- Work flow and project management fundamentals
for the virtual manager
- Subtle signs that tell you the off-site
employee is struggling
- How employee engagement differs when the
employee is off-site
- How to make sure your remote employees are on
task and highly productive
Seminar Check-In: 8:30AM Seminar
Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Our training seminars offer Continuing Education
Credits (based on contact hours) upon completion. Credits are issued by
Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc. according to the
guidelines set forth by IACET. Please note that Continuing Education Credit
approval is at the discretion of your licensing board; not all seminar topics
are approved by all boards. Contact your licensing board or agency for specific
information relating to your profession.