Training Seminar/Conference Description:
80% of U.S. businesses surveyed cited written communication as their
employees’ biggest skill problem.
80% — EEEEK! The number is staggering. But, while many professionals’ writing
skills aren’t up-to-speed, the need for solid written communication is stronger
than ever. In fact, 98% of top executives say that effective business writing is
the skill most needed for professional recognition and success!
Let’s face it: Exceptional writing skills are the mark of exceptional
professionals. So, if you want to stand out from the crowd, attending this
seminar is a surefire way to boost your skills fast!
Who Should Attend?
Because exceptional writing skills are the mark of exceptional professionals,
this workshop should be considered a career essential for all success-minded
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn how to take the aggravation and frustration out of writing!
Writing may not come naturally for you, but there are tips and techniques to get
words flowing freely with a lot less effort and aggravation. Think of it: No
more struggling over what to say and how to say it! We’ll teach you how to
organize your ideas and get words down on paper quickly. Not only will you find
it easier to write, you’ll also cut your writing time by 30-40%!
You’ll become a more powerful, compelling communicator ...
Have you ever read a business letter where the message was as clear as mud? (Or,
worse, have you ever written one?) The true mark of strong business writing is
that it gets the results you want. Clear, concise, compelling writing is key to
achieving your aim. When you attend this workshop, we’ll help you develop a
powerful writing style sure to get the results you want!
You’ll eliminate embarrassing mistakes ...
How many times have you uncovered a glaring grammar or style error AFTER it was
too late to correct? Mistakes not only tarnish your reputation, they also
reflect poorly on your organization. And, the truth is, most mistakes can be
avoided by knowing a mere handful of easy-to-remember grammar and usage rules —
rules you’ll master at this workshop.
And, you’ll learn in a fast-paced, interactive, FUN environment!
If you still have nightmares about diagramming sentences on the blackboard in
freshman English, you can relax. While this workshop is intensive and thorough,
it’s tailored for busy business professionals who have real-world needs. Our
two-day format allows you time to practice — and thus reinforce — what you’ve
learned. Plus, your expert trainer is a pro at creating a relaxed, energizing
learning environment that enhances how much you retain and makes learning fun!
So, what are you waiting for?
Business Writing and Grammar Skills offers you the rare opportunity to upgrade
your writing skills and add professional polish to every piece of written
communication you create from now on. Why wait another minute to transform your
words from so-so to sensational?
Where to begin? Tips for Getting Started Writing-Quickly
- Simple ways to plan what you write
- The secret to cutting your writing time by 30-40%
- Key questions to answer before you begin writing
- A systematic way to organize your thoughts and information
- Surefire tips for overcoming writing anxiety
Basics of Solid Business Writing
- Why a casual tone is key to today's business communication
- How to present details and explanations clearly and simply
- Strategies for avoiding wordiness and eliminating stiff, formal language
- Why being concise is imperative to getting results in today's workplace
Writing Letters, Memos and Reports that Get Results!
- How-and why-the pros get chummy with their readers in memos and letters
- Capitalize on your personal style to make your writing more
interesting-and more effective
- Tips for eliminating monotony in long reports and complex proposals
- A proven way to guarantee your memos get read-even if you're not the boss
- Avoiding the most commonly made errors in letters and memos
Smart Tips for Sparking Your Readers' Interest
- Reader friendliness: how to keep the focus on "you"
- Proven techniques used by professional writers to stimulate reader
- "Grab 'Em" openers that are sure to get noticed
- Tips for creating sharp images that linger in the reader's mind
- Why using tired cliches could brand you as "out of touch"
How to Influence, Persuade and Sell Your Bright Ideas!
- Mastering the 7 Cs of convincing business writing
- How to be more persuasive when you expect resistance from your readers
- Smart tips that will add punch to every paragraph
- Success strategies for selling anything-products, ideas, services, even
- Communicate with passion and enthusiasm: how to rev things up with active
Keys to Conveying Credibility and Professionalism
- How to align your writing with the image your organization wants to
- The pros and cons of using computerized spelling and grammar checkers
- Are you clinging to "old" business writing ideas?
- Understanding the "look" and "sound" of professional business writing
Mastering the Rewriting Process: Your Key to Exceptional Business Writing
- Why your first draft should never be your last draft
- A simple technique that will make your writing more readable
- How to trim the fat from all your business documents
- Editing "musts" for concise, clear writing
- Wake up your readers by slashing adjectives and stamping out unnecessary
- How to "hear" what you write
Practical Solutions to Real-World Writing Challenges
- How to write "no" letters with a "yes" sound
- Writing complaint letters that get immediate action
- Kid-glove techniques for responding to complaints with
- How to make written requests that get favorable replies
- Writing for special situations
Gender, Age and Culture Sensitivity: Using Care in Business Writing
- We've come a long way since "Dear Gentlemen"
- Non-sexist alternatives guaranteed to help you steer clear of offensive
- Solutions to gender-based pronoun problems
- What to do about courtesy titles
Using Correct Grammar for Powerful Writing
- How misplaced modifiers can wreak havoc with your meaning
- A simple way to make sure subjects and verbs agree
- "Is it HE at the door?" Or, "Is it HIM at the door?" Secrets to choosing
the right pronoun
- The most misused words in business and the words that don't exist
- The "10 Commandments of Capitalization" every business writer must know
- How to spot look-alike words
- FREE! Take-home handy desktop reference that you'll use again and again
Easy Punctuation Guidelines
- Avoid "comma-itis" by knowing when a comma is essential
- Apostrophe: using the minimark that keeps your meaning clear
- A rule for using punctuation with quotation marks
Proofread Like a Pro to Keep Errors from Slipping Through
- Are you proofreading or editing? Why it's important to know the difference
- Expert editors' tricks for spotting their own mistakes
- The words most often misused in business communication
- Proven shortcuts that will ensure your documents are error-free