Cutting Edge Defense Strategies for Overcoming Challenges You're Currently Facing
With all of the recent rule and legislation changes, developing case law, and current legal issues surfacing in criminal law, it's critical that you're fully up to speed and equipped with the latest defense strategies. This full-day, comprehensive program will provide you with the latest methods for overcoming forensic evidence challenges, hearsay issues and social media obstacles. You'll also gain cross examination strategies, new tactics for identifying illegal searches, cutting edge voir dire tips and much more. Learn from seasoned veterans on innovative defense strategies in criminal litigation. Register today!
- Learn new methods for how to get illegally-seized evidence thrown out.
- Discover defense strategies for cross examining the prosecution's expert witness.
- Discover new tips for identifying investigation mistakes made by the prosecution.
- Find out the latest strategies for overcoming hearsay challenges.
- Gain cutting edge voir dire and jury selection tips.
- Use recent case law to prove illegal searches and gain tips for using Brady vs. Maryland as a sword.
- Get tips on how to get forensic expert testimony admitted into evidence.
- Investigation, Motions and Subpoenas
9:00 - 9:45, Steve Schroering
- Deposing Witnesses
- Using Forensic Expert Witnesses to Your Advantage
- Obtaining Public Records, Police Files and Cell Phone Records
- Using Subpoenas/Motions to Get What They Don't Want You to Have
- Obtaining and Suppressing Social Media Evidence
- Investigating DUI-Related Auto Accidents
- Polygraph Analysis
- Re-Testing DNA Evidence
- Overcoming Evidentiary Challenges
9:45 - 10:30,
- Admissibility of Forensic Evidence - Recent Developments
- Common Authentication Challenges
- Electronically Stored Information (ESI) Obstacles
- Overcoming Hearsay and Evidentiary Challenges: Post - Crawford
- Expert Witness Criminal Defense Tips
10:45 - 11:30, Mark D. Chandler
- Preparing Your Expert Witness for Deposition
- Experts and Hearsay in the Courtroom
- Using Medical Examiners and Forensic Pathologists to Your Advantage
- Getting Forensic Expert Testimony Admitted Into Evidence
- State Interpretation of Williams v. Illinois
- Cutting Edge Voir Dire and Cross-Examination Strategies
11:30 - 12:30, Mark D. Chandler
- The Art of Voir Dire (Social Media's Role, Preparation Tips, Questions to Always Ask, Identifying Who to Strike, Etc.)
- Cross Examination of the Prosecution's Lay Witness
- Direct Examination of Expert Witnesses
- Cross Examination of the Prosecution's Expert Witness
- Locating Prosecution Errors
1:30 - 2:15, Frank Mascagni III
- Using Recent Case Law to Prove Illegal Searches
- Warrant and Indictment Defects
- Using Brady vs. Maryland as a Sword
- Biased Witness Testimony
- Criminal Interviews and Interrogations: Illegal Tactics
- Identifying Investigation Mistakes - New Tips
- Improper Evidence
- A Judge's Perspective: Recent Developments in Criminal Law
2:30 - 3:30, Hon. Charles R. Hickman
- Ethical Considerations for the Criminal Defense Attorney
3:30 - 4:30, Frank Mascagni III
- Conflicts of Interest in Criminal Cases
- Criminal Contempt of Court
- What to Do When Your Client Lies
- Ethics, Social Media and Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Communication Between Bench and Bar