HR for Professionals Who've Recently Assumed
HR Responsibilities - Human Resources Training Seminar
Learn the most important of the most important HR skills in just one day
Human Resources for Professionals Who’ve Recently
Assumed HR Responsibilities is critical new training designed especially for
professionals like you who are new to the demanding responsibilities of HR.
Fast-paced and information-rich, this program condenses the “most important of
the most important” HR basics into clear, concise, easy-to-understand training.
HR duties are demanding – and confusing
As a professional new to HR – or someone who has recently added HR duties as
part of your job – you’re no doubt more than a little overwhelmed with the tough
challenges you now face every day. There are ever-changing regulatory issues and
employment laws to stay current on, confusing complexities of benefits
administration, more recordkeeping headaches than you can count … the list goes
on and on.
To add to the pressure, you’re all too aware that even one mistake can get your
organization fined or sued – to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Attend this informative one-day session and you’ll gain ...
• An invaluable update on employment laws that
impact HR, from ADA to EEO and affirmative action
• Benefit administration how-to’s, from changes in COBRA to exclusions and
penalties in FLSA
• Interview guidelines that guarantee better hires and steps for terminating an
employee safely and legally
• Proven techniques for managing recordkeeping more quickly and efficiently
• Resources for staying up-to-the-minute on changing laws and regulations
An HR expert will provide the training you need – and it’s guaranteed!
What’s more, your sessions will be led by an HR expert who’ll have answers to
all those difficult questions that you’ve been unsure about. You’ll learn
shoulder-to-shoulder with other professionals new to the duties of HR –
individuals who shoulder the same demanding responsibilities that you do. And
because our training is 100-percent guaranteed, you have nothing to lose … and
so much to gain … when you attend!
You can’t afford to learn HR skills by trial and error – enroll today!
Mark your calendar and enroll today in this must-attend HR training. Don’t wait
any longer to get the know-how you need to handle your HR duties effectively and
with greater confidence. You’ll leave knowing you’ve got all your bases covered.
HR for Professionals Who've Recently Assumed HR Responsibilities Course
What You Must Know About Critical Laws that
• Overview of federal regulations that might
impact your workplace, including ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Workers’ Comp, EEO, Title VII
• Get up to speed on your state’s employment laws
• Recent changes in workplace-related laws, and those to watch for
• Specific measures to take when investigating a harassment or discrimination
• Common mistakes made involving workplace laws and regulations – and how to
• Resources no one with HR responsibilities should ever be without
Keeping Benefits Administration & Employee Relations Running Smoothly
• How-to’s for communicating benefit information
so that employees truly understand it
• Best practices for avoiding complications with COBRA, FMLA and HIPAA
• Tricky ins and outs of exempt vs. non-exempt and employee vs. contractor
• A look at penalties under FLSA
• Understand the relationship between Workers’ Comp, FMLA and ADA, and make
certain you are meeting all requirements
Understanding the Legal Aspects of Hiring and Firing
• How to create documentation that will stand up
• Learn how word-of-mouth recruiting can put your company in legal jeopardy
• Key legal considerations for background checks and screening
• Interview questions that will help you spot potential employee problems – and
questions you can’t ask
• Steps for conducting formal counseling and disciplinary meetings
• Best practices for reducing your organization’s legal liabilities when
Techniques for Streamlining HR Recordkeeping Procedures
• Proven techniques for managing your critical
• Guidelines on how long you must keep which documents on file
• How to build safeguards into your documentation processes so nothing falls
through the cracks
• Basic issues surrounding confidentiality of employee records
• How to organize your records to restrict access and meet legislative
• Are your employee personnel records filled with dangerous information that
could put you and/or your company at legal risk?
Our training seminars offer Continuing Education
Credits (based on contact hours) upon completion. Credits are issued by
Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc. according to the
guidelines set forth by IACET. Please note that Continuing Education Credit
approval is at the discretion of your licensing board; not all seminar topics
are approved by all boards. Contact your licensing board or agency for specific
information relating to your profession
SEMINAR TRAINING TIME:
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM
Seminar Class 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM