Tax Rules for Investments and Employee Benefits Webinar
Attend this webinar to learn about the tax rules and laws that affect the types of investments or benefits that you hold. Avoiding tax obligations such as withholding, depositing tax payments, and reporting investment income is seen as tax evasion and can cause serious consequences. There is nothing wrong with having tax shelters such as investments or employee benefits. The key is obtaining the necessary knowledge to maintain compliance with tax laws and avoiding fraud.
Why Should you Attend:
The IRS tax code is very complex. There are many types of investments and employee benefits, and there are tax laws for each type. The tax rules for an IRA are not the same for employer provided health benefits. It’s very important for employers to be knowledgeable of their tax obligations for providing employee benefits. Employers should also make their employees aware of the tax obligations for these benefits from the employees’ side. Consequences can follow if these tax rules and laws are not adhered to.
Objectives of the Presentation:
The objectives of the presentation are to cover the following areas:
- Allowable tax shelters and tax shelter abuse
- Tax rules for mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- Tax rules for stocks and bonds
- Tax rules for gains, losses, and dividends
- Tax rules for real estate investments (Real property and Real Estate Investment Trusts)
- What employers should know about employment tax treatment of fringe benefits
- Taxable employee benefits vs. nontaxable employee benefits
- Discussion of fringe benefit exclusion and valuation rules
- Employer requirements for reporting, withholding, and depositing taxable fringe benefits