Americans with Disability Act ADA/ADAAA: Navigating through the Complexities to Compliance Webinar
Time: 10:00 AM PDT, 01:00 PM EDT
Duration: 60 Minutes
Instructor: Melissa Fleischer
Join us for this in-depth webinar on the ADA and learn how to avoid the major ADA mistakes that managers often make as well as what is required by this disability discrimination law with regard to reasonable accommodations and engaging in the interactive process.
Why Should you Attend:
Managing leave of absences is one of the most difficult parts of an HR Professional´s job. Combine that with the need to understand and ensure compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act and the ADAAA which are complicated, legalistic and difficult to administer and you have the perfect storm of legal issues. Ensuring that your managers are not tripping you up with regard to requests for reasonable accommodations and your obligation to engage in the "interactive process" is tricky at best. Managers often make major mistakes when they do not understand that the employee is requesting a reasonable accommodation or that they have an obligation to engage in the "interactive process". Moreover, managers also sometimes fail to understand that even granting an additional leave of absence can be required by this law.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Understanding the legal definition of disability
- An employer´s obligation to engage in the "Interactive Process" and what this requires
- Tips for Identifying a request for a reasonable accommodation
- Methods to properly respond to a request for a reasonable accommodation
- The many types of reasonable accommodations which employees can request
- Cases in which managers did not get it right
- Tips on how to prevent liability in your organization