TIN Matching to Reduce Your B-Notices and Eliminate Proposed Penalties Webinar
Learn the best practices for eliminating 1099 error notices from the IRS. Discover the power of the TIN Matching system. Learn how to handle the CP-2100 notices from Uncle Sam and avoid the fines & penalties for failure to timely comply with the B-Notice requirements. Understand the difference between 1st and 2nd B-Notice and the related differences in required vendor responses. Be sure you institute and stop Backup Withholding when required. Join us for a content-rich 90-min webinar and you will gain the tools to make you the most effective information return manager your company has ever seen.
Why Should you Attend
How do you know your vendorīs W-9īs are correct? What are the consequences of filing incorrect name and ID numbers on their 1099īs? In just 90 minutes, you can begin to develop a solid plan to move your company toward near absolute regulatory compliance, efficiency improvements, standardized processes, & adequate documentation to ensure your 1099īs contain accurate information that will agree with the IRSīs records. You will all but eliminate your B-Notices from the IRS!
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Starter Question: What is TIN Matching?
- Who must request access to the TIN Match system?
- How do we register to use the system?
- How does the TIN Match system work?
- What are the best practices for managing 1099 reporting requirements?
- How do I deal with vendors who report incorrect information on their W-4īs?
- B-Notices: when I receive a letter from the IRS stating I have incorrect names/TINS on my 1099īs, what must I do and what about the deadlines?
- What if I receive a Notice of Proposed Penalty?