Piercings, Tattoos and More: Dress Codes for the Workplace - Legally Compliant Policies and Guidelines Webinar Time: 11:30 AM PST, 02:30 PM EST
Duration: 90 Minutes
Instructor: Susan Fahey Desmond
This webinar on Workplace Dress Codes will discuss your reasons and rights as an employer to establish a dress code in your workplace and how to develop and adopt one that complements your business.
Why Should you Attend
Establishing a Dress Code for your business today is not as simple as it once was. Before deciding on a formal dress code or updating your current one, the reasons and benefits should be explored so that your decisions can promote a professional, safe and comfortable environment that reflects your culture in a positive manner.
This webinar discusses your reasons and rights as an employer to establish a dress code in your workplace and how to develop and adopt one that complements your business. Considerations range from what is considered professional attire to cultural and generational preferences. It will also discuss how to establish clear guidelines for employees, the reasons behind decisions for dress and how to be comfortable, yet professional.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- The session will provide practical guidance on how to create and implement legal policies on employees´ clothing, jewelry, tattoos, grooming, and religious expression
- Among other things, you will receive answers to these questions:
- Can an employer strictly enforce dress and appearance policies without violating the law?
- Can a company require female employees to wear make-up? Or require male employees to have a short haircut?
- How does an employer handle the prevalence of tattoos and body jewelry among today´s younger generation of workers?
- What process should an employer follow when addressing an employee´s request to wear certain attire or headwear for religious reasons?
- When does safety trump religious beliefs?
- Can an employer have different dress requirements for different classes of employees?
- What are the potential legal risks associated with unlawful dress codes?