Taming Unwieldy Lists of Data in Excel Webinar
Many users are unaware of the many data visualization and manipulation tools available in Microsoft Excel. In this informative session, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, demonstrates various ways you can streamline your filtering tasks. Little-known filtering shortcuts, such Custom Views and the hidden AutoFilter command, are covered. David also discusses the Conditional Formatting feature and reveals new features in Excel 2013 that enable you to manage cumbersome lists of data quickly and easily.
Why Should you Attend
Learn powerful Excel techniques to quickly tame large sets of data.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting
- Avoid retyping data or cumbersome formulas by way of Excel´s Text to Columns feature
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating keyboard shortcuts
- Use Custom Views to quickly apply different filter settings with a couple of mouse clicks
- Understand how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks
- Learn which features, such as Custom Views, that can´t be used when one or more tables exist in a workbook
- Transform text by way of Excel´s UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, and TRIM formulas
- Use the CLEAN and TRIM formulas or the CODE function to eliminate non-printing characters, such as tabs, carriage returns, and extra spaces, from your data
- Identify duplicates in a list, color-code data, and apply icons using the conditional formatting feature