Auto Injury Litigation: The Ultimate Guide
Effective Strategies in Auto Injury Litigation
Navigating through the maze of auto injury litigation can be tricky. Each case presents new challenges with unique details that need to be thoroughly explored. This extensive two-day seminar will take you from the initial steps of analyzing the case and the insurance coverage through settlement negotiations and trial strategies. Be prepared to handle your next auto injury case like a pro - register today!
- Examine in-depth methods to analyze insurance coverage.
- Explore how to value the claim and policy limits.
- Learn strategies for minimizing and eliminating liens.
- Learn secrets the insurance companies don't want you to know.
- Explore how to obtain and use medical evidence in your auto injury case.
- Discuss considerations for past and future damages.
- Learn how to keep your auto injury case moving to settlement.
- Review which exhibits are key to winning your case.
DAY 1: Getting Your Auto Injury Case Off the Ground
- In-Depth Insurance Coverage Analysis
9:00 - 9:50, Written by Donald J. Vicini. Presented by Donald J. Vicini in Charlotte and Daniel Donovan in Raleigh.
- Review of the Auto Insurance Policy
- Identifying Ambiguous Contract Language
- Auto Insurance Exclusions to be Aware of
- Litigating the Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claim
9:50 - 10:45, Written by Daniel Donovan. Presented by Lauren O. Newton in Charlotte and Daniel Donovan in Raleigh.
- Introduction to UM/UIM and its Complexities
- Valuing the Claim and Policy Limits
- Playing the Stacking and Offsets Game
- Investigation Strategies
- Maximizing Damages
- Practice and Procedure in Filing UM/UIM Claims
- Eliminating/Minimizing Subrogation Liens in Auto Injury Cases
11:00 - 12:00, Written by Courtney E. Mann. Presented by Courtney E. Mann in Charlotte and Michael E. Garland in Raleigh.
- Medicaid Liens in Auto Injury Settlements
- Minimizing ERISA Liens in Auto Injury Settlements
- Managing Medicare Set-Asides
- Workers' Compensation
- Hospital Liens
- State Specific Liens
- Behind the Scenes of the Insurance Company - What You Don't Know
1:00 - 1:45, Presented by Adam Smith in Raleigh.
- How Market Situations Can Determine Timing of the Settlement
- Demand Letter Language That Gets Results
- Understanding Reserves in Negotiations
- Negotiating with Auto Insurance Adjusters
1:45 - 2:30, Written by Donald J. Vicini. Presented by Donald J. Vicini in Charlotte and Mike Maurer in Raleigh.
- Getting to Know Your Adjusters
- Negotiation Techniques That Work
- How the Adjuster's Settlement Authority is Restricted and Going Beyond it
- Re-Starting Stalled Negotiations
- Moving the Auto Injury Case to Settlement (and Maximizing the Value)
2:45 - 3:30, Written by Mike Maurer. Presented by Lauren O. Newton in Charlotte and Mike Maurer in Raleigh.
- How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out)
3:30 - 4:30, Presented by Adam Smith in Raleigh.
- Discussion of Electronically Stored Information (ESI)
- Spoliation of Evidence
- Use of Demonstrative Evidence
- Authentication of Social Media Evidence
- Techniques for Answering Discovery
DAY 2: Wrapping up the Auto Injury Case
- Getting the Most Out of Doctor Depositions, Medical Records and More
9:00 - 10:15, Written by William D. Owens. Presented by William C. Trosch in Charlotte and William D. Owens in Raleigh.
- Creatively Presenting Medical Evidence
- Interpreting Medical Charts
- Admissibility of Medical Bills
- Obtaining and Using Medical Evidence
- Impeaching Adverse Physicians
10:30 - 11:15, Written by Ben L. Eagles. Presented by Courtney E. Mann in Charlotte and Christopher J. Anglin in Raleigh.
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Consortium
- Pain and Suffering
- Voir Dire and Jury Selection in Auto Injury Cases
11:15 - 12:15, Written by David W. Hood and Daniel Donovan. Presented by David W. Hood in Charlotte and Daniel Donovan in Raleigh.
- Insurance Defense Case Evaluation, Strategies, and Trial Preparation
1:15 - 2:15, Written by David W. Hood. Presented by David W. Hood in Charlotte and Christopher J. Anglin in Raleigh.
- The Auto Injury Trial
2:30 - 3:30, Written by William D. Owens. Presented by William C. Trosch in Charlotte and William D. Owens in Raleigh.
- Illustrating the Accident Scene During Opening Statements
- Effectively Incorporating Medical Evidence and Testimony
- Key Exhibits to Win the Case
- Essential Closing Arguments in Auto Injury Cases
- Ethics in Auto Injury Litigation
3:30 - 4:30, Written by Christopher J. Anglin. Presented by William C. Trosch in Charlotte and Christopher J. Anglin in Raleigh.
- Addressing Potential Conflicts of Interest
- Client Confidentiality
- Communication With Represented Parties
- Confronting Coverage Issues