Creating an Effective and Efficient Travel and Entertainment Expense Reimbursement Policy
Objectives of the Presentation
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a strong travel and entertainment policy
- Identify issues overlooked by your current policy
- List the issues that should be included in a suitable corporate travel policy
- Create an appropriate auditing process for employee expense reports
- Update your existing policy
- Recognize weak language in your current policy and tighten it to stop cash leaks
Why Should you Attend
What makes for a successful corporate business and travel expense policy? Research shows that even the most well-intentioned, carefully designed expense policies often fail to prevent overspending effectively. It may be that some rules are impossible to follow (or enforce), or that employees aren´t able to leverage preferred vendor discounts.
Attend the session to:
- Learn how to ensure your business and travel expense policy will effectively control employee spend in the real world
- Learn strategies and tools to boost visibility and make policy enforcement easier
- Best practices in incorporating mobile expense reporting
- How to avoid common risks for employee expense fraud and abuse
- How to design a policy that accommodates same-day funding requests and other contingencies
- How does your organization´s policy measure up?
- How to create a plan
- Protect the organization
- Provide reasonable travel and entertainment accommodations
Who will Benefit
Accountants, controllers, accounting managers, auditors (internal and external), Treasurers, CFOs, CEOs, accounts payable professionals, expense reimbursement staff, payroll professionals, procure-to-pay professionals, and travel managers.