Internal Controls in Accounts Payable: Step-by-Step
Objectives of the Presentation
- Create the “building blocks” of a strong internal control master plan
- Identify best control practices for the entire procure-to-pay process
- Evaluate the efficiency of your existing internal controls
- Evaluate your own processes to identify weak controls that need tightening;
- Fix the questionable controls so fraud and erroneous payments don´t sneak through
- Ensure that the segregation of duties regime doesn´t fail
- Introduce practices that are often overlooked but strengthen controls
- Introduce internal control best practices
Why Should you Attend
Without strong internal controls around accounts payables, businesses are susceptible to fraud and financial losses. Duplicate and erroneous payments, audit issues and lost vendor credits all have a lethal impact on the bottom line.
Control problems can creep into the procure-to-pay at almost any point in the process. Our speaker Candace Leuck, divides the process into three parts: before the invoice shows up, the processing of the invoice and making of the payment, and the after the invoice is paid processes. Most only focus on the middle part missing a number of opportunities to strengthen controls and eliminate the problems that make a dent in the bottom line. She´ll show you how to take advantage of instilling controls across the entire spectrum.