Objectives of the Presentation
Participants will learn how and why the generations differ in terms of how they approach work, focused on understanding the value and contributions of each generation. Key topics covered include:
- Overview of the 5 largest generations currently participating in the modern workplace (millennials, generation X, generation Y, Baby Boomers)
- Understanding/clarifying what makes each generation unique, in terms formative influences, characteristics and workplace behaviors
- Tips for managing & working with individuals in other generations, both older and younger
- Recognizing value across generations
- Applying knowledge of generational differences to build a better workplace
Why Should you Attend
Generational diversity is an important reality in the modern workplace. There are members of several distinct generations working side-by-side in the global workforce, a reality that poses unique workplace challenges. The different generations don´t always see ´eye-to-eye´ - as well as terrific opportunities to maximize the innovation, productivity and effectiveness that can result from leveraging the power and benefits of generational diversity.
Each generation is unique - just as each person is unique - and people from all age groups have the ability to make significant contributions in the workplace. The key to building a positive, productive workforce where people of all generations are valued for their own individual contributions starts with understanding - and this requires getting to know key differences among generations, including their formative influences, characteristics and workplace behaviors.
As with all points of diversity, it´s important to avoid judging people based on stereotypes about their age group and to commit to being truly inclusive when it comes to understanding - and accepting & valuing - generational differences in the workplace.