Do you use Intuit® QuickBooks® but are baffled by
how to set up payroll? Do you wonder if you have your settings configured
correctly or if you have all of the forms you need? Do you spend too much time
each pay period struggling to get payments made? If so, then you are not alone.
Every day people just like you work hard to figure out how to use one of the
most essential functions of this robust, but sometimes confusing program. Don’t
give up – we can help.
Intuit QuickBooks® is the premiere accounting software package for small and
mid-sized businesses today. It simplifies and streamlines the accounting
process, but has its quirks like any software. When it comes to your finances,
those quirks can be costly – both in time and money.
This one-hour online class will answer your questions and clear up confusion
when it comes to payroll and payroll management. We’ll help you understand what
you need to get started, who your employees and other payees are, your various
options and settings, how to enter and manage payments and point you to
resources where you can find even more information.
The course is perfect for anyone who uses QuickBooks regularly.
What You'll Learn
Who is an employee?
• Who should be paid payroll as an internal
employee and who is a contractor.
• Understand the differences and how they are handled in QuickBooks.
What you need?
• Distinguish several things you need to
know about your company before you can even get started executing payroll.
• There are several options for handling payroll
in QuickBooks - Intuit has several choices or you may elect to do it all
• Learn the advantages and disadvantages to each.
• Walk through the payroll set up guidelines to
get all the t’s crossed and i’s dotted.
• Complete all the forms and information needed
to begin using QuickBooks to enter payroll.
• How to enter transactions, taxes, bonuses, etc.
Useful websites for getting the forms you need.
• Many of your payroll responsibilities can be
handled oline, like paying your payroll taxes.
This event is eligible for the following
continuing education credits:
CEU: 0.6 credits
Seminar Check-In: 8:30 AM Seminar Class 9:00 AM to 4:00