The objectives of this training course is to provide all staff, irrespective of whether they work in the front-, middle- or back-office, with a sound foundation in the theory and practice of Operational Risk Management. This training is provided in a practical “hands-on” manner that allows them to implement what they have learned easily and effectively the minute they return to the office.
What this course covers
This course provides a complete structured package for learning in all main aspects of the subject of managing Operational Risk under the Basel Accords. It will enable participants to prepare and manage the planning and implementation of operational risk management processes in their bank/ financial institution or firm.
Key objectives and learning outcomes
The aim of the course is to provide;
- An understanding of Risk in all its facets
- What the Basel Accords say about operational risk and its mitigation
- An understanding of Operational Risk Techniques for assessing, managing and mitigating Operational Risk
- A link between Operational Risk management theory & practice
- A clear “road-map” on how to implement a Operational Risk management structure them in practice in a banking organization.
This training course uses a combination of prepared tuition, examples, discussions, exercises and case studies.
Most importantly it will offer participants, opportunities to share experiences and plan work within small working groups, providing practice in the application of the techniques and tools generating active participation.
Field of Study:
- Management Advisory Services: 7 CPE Credits
- Economics: 2 CPE Credits
- Auditing: 1 CPE Credit
- Business Management and Organization: 1 CPE Credit
- Computer Science: 1 CPE Credit
- Production: 1 CPE Credit
- Regulatory Ethics: 1 CPE Credit
- Specialized Knowledge and Applications: 1 CPE Credit
- Statistics: 1 CPE Credit
- Social Environment of Business: 0.5 CPE Credit
- Total CPE credits earned in this seminar: 16.5 CPE Credits
Program Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Advance Preparation/Program Prerequisites: None