Why Should You Attend:
This is an intensive die into Operational Risk Management & Mitigation – from assessing the operational risks to how to implement a working, viable operational risk management program. Aimed at the financial services industry this course explores the Operational Risk management function and mitigation requirements as mandated by multiple regulators around the globe.
A key objective of this course is to move the participants beyond the operational risk compliance requirements set down in compliance to an understanding of managing operational risk as a value-added proposition that can be instrumental in increasing the profitability of the bank while at the same time improving its structural strength.
Now the ongoing continuum of headline-grabbing operational risk incidents at banks, other financial institutions and even regulators continue to keep the issue of operational risk management at the top of agendas of CEO’s , CRO’s, Risk Managers and Internal & External Auditors alike.
These incidents are wide ranging and flow from issues like bank ATM collapses, bank operating system failures, regulatory settlements (fines) in the ongoing US sub-prime mortgage saga, rogue traders and the related risk managers who either missed or were willfully blind to all the warning signs.
The objectives of this training course is to provide all staff, irrespective of whether they work in the front-, middle- or back-office, with a sound foundation in the theory and practice of Operational Risk Management. This training is provided in a practical “hands-on” manner that allows them to implement what they have learned easily and effectively the minute they return to the office.
- Learn operational risk techniques for assessing, managing and mitigating operational risk
- Understand the link between Operational Risk Management (ORM) theory and practice
- Understand the Basel Accords’ requirements regarding operational risk.
- Receive guidance in setting-out a clear road-map on how to implement an ORM structure in practice in a banking/financial organization.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What is risk?
- Risk Types
- Managing Operational Risk
- Operational Risk –Practical Examples
- Key Elements in Managing Operational Risk
- Operational Risk Financing
- Methods & Models
- The Black Swan
- Managing Operational Risk under Basel - A “Hands-on” approach
- “Sound Practices for the Management and Supervision of Operational Risk”
- Developing an appropriate Risk Management Environment
- Defining the Categories of Operational Risks
- MANAGING OPERATIONAL RISK – TOOLS & TECHNIQUES
- Causes & Consequences – The Bow Tie
- Methods for Assessing Operational Risks
- A Risk Assessment Model
- Current Operational Risk Management Themes in Banking
- Closing CASE STUDIES