Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines Seminar
In this conference you'll learn...
- How to reap the benefits of better planning
- How to get organized and stay that way
- Why deadlines get missed—and how to make sure they won´t be
- How to make sure your real "top priorities" don´t get lost in the shuffle
- And much more
This is the seminar for the busy manager, supervisor or administrative person
who juggles deadlines, projects and multiple demands and has no time to waste.
Learn organizational skills to help you get more accomplished faster and with
better results than ever before!
Managing Multiple Projects, Objectives and Deadlines Seminar Workshop AGENDA
Gaining control of your workday
- The 10 "Golden Rules" of time management
- An eye-opening test to see just how out of control your workday really is
- How to eliminate the BIG THREE productivity killers: Procrastination, poor
planning and personal disorganization
- Deadlines: How to tell the real from the phony
- How to turn chaos into momentum when everything happens at once
- 5 steps for improving your personal effectiveness that can have a dramatic
impact on all parts of your life
- Small changes to make to your work area that´ll give a big boost to your
- How to hit the ground running your first day back from a business trip or
- Hidden time-wasters: Know how to spot them—and stop them—before they throw
a wrench in your day
Handling competing priorities like a pro
- A 6-step ACTION plan for turning priorities into attainable, measurable
- 8 foolproof principles for effectively managing competing priorities
without sacrificing quality
- What you should delegate and what you should do yourself—a 9-point
- 5 elements of positive self-regard that make you more successful in
handling people and projects
- 3 proven methods for keeping interruptions from wreaking havoc on your
Getting organized—so you can get
down to business
- How to use the "divide and conquer" strategy of organization
- 9 strategies for taking control of phone calls and voice mails
- Stem the tide of paperwork and electronic documents—"power filing"
techniques that´ll automatically supercharge your day
- Multitasking without losing your mind—(myth or reality?)
- Enlist the help of others to stay organized—here´s how
- Creating a "get organized" toolkit that works for you
- Hire your e-mail program as your new "electronic assistant"
- Choose your weapon to fight disorganization: Day planner, calendar, smartphone, personal productivity software—how to decide what works best for you
Project planning: An automatic way
to increase your productivity
- The first 3 questions to ask when sorting priorities and setting deadlines
- The quick and easy rule for determining how much time to allow for
- When planning really is a waste of time
- Parkinson´s Law: How to apply it to cut the time required for any project
- Understanding every project´s "life cycle"
- Why prioritizing your project´s "Triple Constraints" is critical to
- Project management tools the pros use: Work Breakdown Structures, Gantt
charts and project management software
Managing yourself, people (and
even the boss!) for greater results
Take this quiz to reveal your
personality style—and learn how it can kick your productivity into high gear
"Seek first to understand" your way
to better results
Why "excellence" and "perfection"
6 recommendations for coping with
those who slow you down
The secret of master diplomats—how
and when to say "No"
4 discouraging words to eliminate
from your vocabulary
6 remedies for "hurry sickness"
What to do when your supervisor
micromanages your productivity straight out the door!
How to handle the challenge of
working for multiple bosses—especially when they´re in different locations
How to dramatically increase your
value to your boss and your organization (and be recognized for it)
Don´t let stress control you
Know what triggers push your
Take the test: How vulnerable are
you to the negative effects of stress?
Type A or Type B: Are you letting
your personality type "work" for you?
Why it´s more harmful to avoid
stress than to deal with it head-on
Turning stress into a healthy
motivator for getting things done
The 12-step plan for controlling
stress and avoiding burnout
Seminar Check-In: 8:15AM Seminar Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM