one-day workshop that delivers essential financial analysis skills critical for
strong bottom-line business decisions.
That Delivers the Solid Financial Analysis Skills That Are Essential to Strong
In today’s highly competitive business environment, knowing
how to analyze business situations and make tough decisions based on sound
financial principles is a must-have career skill. Without this essential
know-how in basic financial analysis, you simply cannot make informed business
decisions. Each time you “go with your gut,” you take a huge risk, putting the
success of your organization in jeopardy.
Never again be intimidated by reports full of numbers
That’s why Financial Analysis for Business Professionals is such an important
workshop to you as a key decision-maker. In just one intensive day of training,
you’ll become fully versed in the financial analysis tools and techniques you
need to properly assess business risks and opportunities. Never again will you
be intimidated by financial spreadsheets and reports!
You’ll learn how to …
- Scan any financial statement and zero in on the most
- Back up your project proposals and staffing requests with
solid numbers – and boost your chances of approval
- Use business analysis techniques to determine the financial
feasibility or success of any business situation
- Accurately plan for revenues and growth, using solid
- Spot indicators of financial distress – and understand your
options for overcoming it
- Use break-even analysis and other powerful analysis tools
- And much more!
Designed specifically for non-financial professionals
Financial Analysis for Business Professionals was developed specifically for key
business decision-makers who have no formal financial background or training.
You’ll sit shoulder to shoulder with people just like you … the “movers and
shakers” of your organizations. And, your training will be delivered in clear,
easy-to-grasp terms by an expert trainer who is a pro at conveying financial
information in an understandable manner.
Learn the most important of the most important financial
We know your time is precious, which is why we promise you we won’t waste a
single minute of it. Instead of dry textbook theory, this program delivers the
“the most important of the most important” financial concepts in practical,
real-world terms. This workshop is the fastest, easiest way to gain a solid
understanding of the financial analysis tools and techniques that will give you
a competitive edge from now on.
Please bring a calculator with
you to this workshop.
You’ll practice using the tools and techniques you’re learning
in a variety of exercises, and a calculator will help you work through these
activities more efficiently.
What You’ll Learn
- Evaluate the financial
impact of your management decisions – before you make them.
- Gain support for your
ideas and projects by presenting them in bottom-line terms.
- Head off costly
mistakes by spotting questionable numbers and inaccuracies on financial
- Read, analyze and
understand financial statements and reports – without having to depend on
someone else’s interpretation.
- Spot areas where
financial performance can be improved immediately.
- Get a crystal clear
picture of where your department, division or organization stands financially.
- Use ratio analysis
formulas to determine whether a financial report is good news or bad news –
without having to take the bean-counter’s word for it.
- Make informed
decisions by determining the relative degree of risk you’re taking.
- Never again be
blindsided at a meeting by a report or presentation full of numbers you don’t
- Recognize the
opportunities — and problems — embedded within any financial report.
- Decode financial
jargon to “talk numbers” confidently with financial professionals.
- Make recommendations
with conviction in meetings using solid numbers to back up your statements.
- Boost your credibility
as you become recognized as a person who understands “the numbers.”
- Strategic decision-makers
- Non-financial managers
- Business owners
- Senior executives
- Key business unit managers
- Other professionals who need to understand how to interpret
the numbers that drive business
This intensive workshop was designed specifically for
non-financial professionals who want to learn to use the financial analysis
tools and techniques that ensure on-target business decisions.
How to Read and Analyze
- Examine the 4 major
financial statements businesses use, and learn easy ways to remember what
transactions are recorded on each one
- Identify the purposes
of income statements and balance sheets, and what information they will and
will not tell you
- How to scan a
financial statement and zero in on the most valuable information
- Make better decisions
when you understand how day-to-day activities translate into revenues and
- Determining the real
value of your product or service ... adding direct and indirect costs to come
up with the full cost
- Operating profit ...
net income ... what management really means when they refer to the “bottom
- Find out why profits
are not the same as cash, and why adequate cash reserves are crucial to any
- Basic steps in
preparing a financial statement
Demystifying Critical Financial Concepts
- Common finance terminology explained, from variable costs
- The difference between current liabilities, current assets
- Types of long-term assets and the role depreciation plays
in determining their worth
- 5 components of working capital and how critical it is to
the day-to-day operation of your organization
- A simple approach to calculating return on investment (ROI)
and determining the true bottom line
- Key financial indicators that will tell if a business
situation is on the right track or headed for trouble
- Tangible and other assets – what the numbers on the balance
sheet may be hiding
- What every manager must understand about Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Business Decisions Using Financial Information
- Understand the difference between finance and accounting
information, and which gives you the facts you need to make effective
- Cash: Find out how your company manages it and plans for
enough reserves so you can seize new business opportunities
- Using the cash flow statement to predict problems before
they occur, and head them off before they become crises
- Recognize the red-flag areas where cash can disappear if
it’s not properly managed
- Leverage your knowledge to figure out how much and when
different types of businesses need cash to maintain an even cash flow
- Critical financial areas that may be out of your control
but that you absolutely must understand
- How to account for the often- maligned expense of overhead,
and why overhead is a necessary cost of doing business
- Understand how modifying or timing the decisions you make
will contribute to your firm’s financial health
Powerful Financial Tools to Analyze Your Organization’s Numbers
- 5 valuable questions to ask when dealing with a financial
- Using break-even analysis and other powerful analysis tools
to make more informed decisions
- How to use ratios to evaluate an organization’s
profitability, liquidity and leverage – and 5 ratios that can predict danger
- How to evaluate the relative degree of risk for a project
- Which specific numbers to rely on when developing a budget
- Calculating ROI for the true “bottom line”
- Revenue forecasting techniques that are accurate and take
into account your company’s financial objectives
- Get new project ideas approved using proven payback
Your Satisfaction Is
At National Seminars Group, our #1 goal is to give you the
tools you need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training
resource we offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.