In this seminar you'll learn...
- How to break through the mystery of search engine marketing
- Ways to estimate your total costs when using pay-per-click advertising
- How to rise to the top of search engines by submitting your site correctly
- How to research and utilize keywords to boost your rankings
- And much more!
You may have a great Web site, but if it doesn´t come up on searches, or
shows up finally on page 5 or 6—you know you could be doing a lot more to get
the results you want. Don´t know exactly where to start to get the results
coming in? This comprehensive workshop takes the mystery out of search engine
optimization and marketing to help you attract more customers, increase sales
and market share and boost your brand recognition. In just two power-packed
days, we´ll show you how to take your Web marketing efforts to the next level
with tips on ... how pay-per-click fits in your marketing program ... effective
use of keywords ... using site maps to increase traffic ...submitting your site
correctly the first time ... and so much more.
Day one: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Essentials of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- The wave of the future—why search engines are critical to your competitive
- How complacency about search engine optimization can leave you in the dust
- Demystifying search engines: Exactly how do they work, and what do they
mean for your Web marketing program?
- Big hitters: Which major players control 90 percent of search engine
traffic and how do you tap into them?
- What is the difference between search engines and directories?
- A bug you want to attract—spiders and crawlers ... how they work and why
you want them to visit your site
- From the outside in: How external links to your Web site can pay off BIG
- Staying on top of it: Why SEO and SEM require constant monitoring and
tweaking to stay competitive
Designing Web sites with search engines in mind
- Which three simple design changes can boost your Web site rankings
- To splash or not to splash? Why it´s vitally important to avoid the use of
a splash page for the entrance to your Web site
- Dynamic pages: What are they and how can they actually lower your ranking
on search engines? What can you do to counter their effects?
- How to use on-line tools to validate your Web page HTML code
- How glitzy graphics can actually be sucking profits from your Web
- Using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to streamline your html code and
improve your rankings
- When it comes to page content, why more is better
The keys to effective keywords on your Web site
- Exactly what are "keywords" and how can they make or break your site?
- Selecting the right words ... how using "off the cuff" words related to
your business might actually COST you money
- Why "general" keywords and phrases may increase traffic ... but not sales
- How to research keywords before you lose customers
- How to develop a niche to drive targeted traffic to your site
- Why focusing each Web page on a single topic pays off
- Differentiating your company from others with keywords or phrases
- Keyword research strategies that boost targeted traffic—traffic that
converts to sales
- Tools to help you evaluate your keywords ... and make them even better
"Getting a lock" on customers with keywords
- How to place keywords to drive customers to your site first
- Effective page titles: The most important element of an effective SEO
- The rules of the game ... learning the right way to code page titles
- The name game—why the proper file names are critical ... and what you need
to know if you change active file names
- What is "effective keyword density" and how do you analyze yours for
- Tricks to avoid—hidden text, competitor names and other shady techniques
that can put your site off limits
- Sleuthing your competitors´ sites—how to compare your keyword density to
- Tag, you´re it! How to use alt tags, heading tags, meta tags and title
attribute tags for even more exposure
Day two: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Using site maps and navigation strategies to increase traffic
- Site maps are for the savvy—don´t think your site´s too small for one
- How a site map can drastically increase the number of pages indexed by
search engines ... and the number of visitors to your site
- How to create a site map ... and why you must link it from your front page
- Making sure search engine spiders can do their job—all the time
- When creating a multi-page site map pays off in rankings
- What are search engine style descriptions and how can you use them in your
site map to drive traffic?
- Why consistency is a must in navigation links
- Check it out ... a quick and easy way to assess variation in links on your
- It´s all relative ... the difference between relative and absolute
navigation links when it comes to SEO
How to submit your site—the right way—to search engines and directories
- Why "fill out the form and forget it" strategies just don´t work
- Preparation is everything. Researching and finalizing your site first is a
- What you can expect in terms of "wait time" after you register
- Piggybacking your search engine efforts by using the DMOZ directory
- The Open Directory Project—what is it, and why should you submit your site
- How to identify targeted directories that focus on your niche
- When you might not need to submit your site to search engines
- Why incoming links may actually get your site fully indexed faster than
submitting it would
- Using computer programs to submit pages and check rankings ... and why
some search engine companies prohibit it
Checking your results—are you achieving your goals?
- It´s more than just a listing ... how to accurately measure your marketing
outcomes from search engines
- What does GoogleTM PageRankTM really mean ... and how important is it?
- On-line keyword verification tools ... how they can help you determine
results on multiple search engines
- Before ... and after. Using on-line tools to evaluate your SEO efforts
- Software packages that measure results AND determine if your marketing
strategy is on target
- Proven methods for calculating ROI
- Redirect: What to do if your results are disappointing
How pay-per-click (PPC) fits in your marketing program
- Which companies are the major players in the PPC market ... and which Web
sites do they partner with?
- Incorporating pay-per-click—easily—into your marketing mix
- How to accurately estimate your total costs when using PPC
- What is a conversion rate and how do you compare it with your keywords or
- On-line tools that can help you assess current keyword bid rates
- How you can outsmart the competition—and boost ROI—by avoiding "top of the
- PPC ... how does it stack up against search engine results, banner ads and
other Internet marketing techniques?