Managing Emotions and Thriving Under Pressure Seminar
In Managing Emotions and Thriving Under Pressure, you'll learn...
- How to rid your life of unproductive behaviors like procrastination, lack
of organization and chronic lateness
- To stop taking setbacks personally—and bounce back quickly
- To manage the stress of workplace change by “going with the flow”
- How to put the power of self-discipline and healthy routines to work in
your personal life
- And much more!
Did you realize emotional self control makes a difference in your
performance, your relationships and your overall happiness? All of us experience
moments on the job when unwanted emotions intensify—and that´s normal. It´s what
you do with them that can lead to problems—at work and at home. This exciting
new program will teach you an amazing, systematic process for developing
"emotional self-control." You´ll gain a tremendous amount of insight into
disruptive emotions and impulses that make you feel out of control and helpless.
The tools and strategies you´ll learn to use will improve your performance, earn
you greater respect and make your life more fulfilling and enjoyable! If you´d
like to reap the rewards emotional self-control can bring to all aspects of your
life, you won´t want to miss this powerful workshop.
Program hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Emotions—where they come from and how they affect you
- What´s your typical response to difficult people and situations? How´s it
working for you?
- How to conquer 4 basic emotions that affect everything you do (or don´t
- 7 emotional patterns that cause most of what troubles us
- How to see situations and people the way they really are—without
distortion or judgments
- Stop the emotional train by detecting exactly when an intense emotion is
- 5 traits every emotionally "in control" professional possesses
- The E-factor: Overcome draining emotions and regain your energy and zest
- Your hot buttons—4 ways to keep people from pushing yours
- What your emotions have to do with your weight
- A remarkable, 8-step process for mastering your emotions
Session 2: Know how to eliminate behaviors and habits that hinder success
- How to face up to conflict, in spite of the almost irresistible urge to
- Wanting to change a habit isn´t enough—here are 5 steps for turning your
"wish" into action
- How to give yourself the most wonderful gift of all—the ability to choose
your emotional response on the spot
- How to stop worry from spiraling out of control
- How even the most well-intentioned people procrastinate and what you can
do about it
- The single best way to turn off negative self-talk
- How to recognize and deal with the 6 most common self-defeating behaviors
Session 3: Take control of anger and other strong emotions
- Common misconceptions about anger—and how to replace them with the truth
- New, healthy ways for releasing anger
- Reinterpreting events that would normally cause you to "lose it"
- What to do immediately when you feel you´re going to cry
- How and why to detect underlying causes of anger (without going to a
- How to rewire your brain and stop overreacting—for good
- How to see anger as a feeling—not an insurmountable fault
- Replacing patterns of distorted thinking with "reality thinking"
- What to do when you feel you´re going to blow up
Session 4: Stay positive and productive in the midst of workplace change
- The very real connection between stress and intense emotions
- Dealing with workplace changes you have no control over—the secret to
"going with the flow"
- Why some people thrive on the feeling of being overwhelmed
- Evaluate the inaccurate judgments you make about yourself after a
mistake—and correct them
- How to act calmly under pressure—and feel that way inside, too
- Scientifically proven ways to remove stress and the symptoms associated
- A new way to look at communication and how it can protect you from
- Challenge anxious, fearful thoughts—3 guidelines that work
- 4 steps for turning "follow through" into one of your best habits
Session 5: Tackle life´s challenges with a new sense of discipline
- Surprisingly simple routines that will add new balance to your life
- Nourishing yourself with planned downtime and healthy sleep
- Maintaining your new emotional sanity by living the "simple life"
- How to stay on even keel—a new systems approach to managing demanding work
- The plain and simple truth about perfectionism
- Organization´s a good thing—but know when it turns into a destructive
CPE Credits: 6
Seminar Training Time:
Seminar Check-In: 8:30AM Seminar Program: 9:00AM - 4:00PM