Keys to Effectively Supervising People
Master the solid supervisory skills you need to be
more effective — and get incredible results!
Building your supervisory skills by trial and error is a frustrating,
time-consuming way to learn how to be a better manager. "Winging it" is
extremely risky, because mistakes you can easily make along the way could cost
you your career in management. When you attend Keys to Effectively Supervising
People, you’ll be immersed in the "must-have" supervisory techniques, tools
and solutions you need to be a more effective supervisor. The rock-solid
skills you’ll learn will make a tremendous impact on your success as a manager
— today and throughout your career.
Get Solutions for Today’s Most Common Supervisory Challenges
You’ll learn to …
- Turn around problem employees and underachievers
- Develop a high-performance team that will go to the wall
- Boost personal productivity sky-high by eliminating
costly time-wasters in your day
- Motivate your people to work harder, faster and more
- Become a more confident leader who is positioned for
Gain solid skills that’ll boost your effectiveness
You’ll spend an intensive training day focused on mastering crucial
supervisory skills — the most important of the most important. You’ll gain
incredible insights, stretch the way you think about supervision and leave
permanently changed. Armed with the powerful skills you’ll learn, you’ll give
stronger feedback, solve "people problems" quickly, give clear directions,
motivate employees to give their all and lead an enthusiastic team of
achievers who are willing to follow you anywhere.
Don’t wait any longer to enjoy the supervisory success
and respect you deserve.
Keys to Effectively Supervising People will benefit you, your team and your
entire organization — not to mention what it will do for your career in the
long run. Why risk "winging it" when you can get the crucial skills you need
to be a more effective, more successful leader in just one day of training?
What You'll Learn:
- Empower team members to stop bringing you problems — and
start bringing you solutions.
- Adopt the "success habits" of top leaders and become more
- Deal proactively with complainers, bad attitudes,
know-it-alls and other problem employees and save yourself time and grief.
- Use active listening techniques to dramatically improve
your communication effectiveness.
- Implement motivation strategies proven to increase
employee productivity and efficiency.
- Establish your credibility as a leader — and earn the
respect you deserve.
- Give crystal clear directions and avoid costly mistake
- Recognize key legal considerations of firing an employee
— and sidestep costly lawsuits.
- Save tons of time through the effective use of voice
mail, e-mail and fax.
- Delegate the right tasks to employees for a huge boost in
your personal productivity.
- Use a step-by-step method to give productive feedback
that results in positive behavior change.
- Develop mutual respect and trust with your employees for
a more positive work climate.
- Increase your visibility in your organization and get
credit for the hard work you do.
- Speak more powerfully and confidently in meetings and
watch your influence grow.
- Confront rule-breakers in a productive way for a positive
outcome instead of a nasty scene.
- Use savvy interviewing techniques to find winning
employees for your team.
- Focus your efforts on that which makes the greatest
impact and get more done each day.
- Connect with employees with specific communication
techniques and build stronger relationships.
- Give sincere praise to employees on the spot and see
morale improve dramatically.
- Establish a career plan that will turn your professional
dreams into reality.
Essential Leadership Skills That Boost Managerial Effectiveness
- "Success habits" top leaders have adopted into their
- Recognizing emotional requirements of being a successful
- How to build on leadership strengths you’ve identified —
and shore up weaknesses
- Common leadership mistakes supervisors make and how to
- Are you everyone’s buddy? How to maintain the right
amount of distance between you and your employees
Communication Techniques Every Supervisor Should Know
- Communication skills that help you "connect" with
- Your role in keeping the lines of communication open at
- Active listening techniques guaranteed to drastically
improve communication effectiveness
- Words and phrases that can destroy your credibility and
authority — and what to say instead
- How to give crystal clear directions employees will
understand the first time
- Pointers for speaking more powerfully and confidently in
Turning Problem Employees and Underachievers Into Positive Contributors
- 9 ways to eliminate unsatisfactory behavior
- Techniques for dealing proactively with specific problem
employees: Complainers, know-it-alls, bad attitudes, excuse-makers, gossips
- Should you intervene when coworkers bicker or have
personality clashes, and if so how?
- Dealing with the work effects of an employee’s personal
- How-to’s for a professional, productive employee
- Steps for using progressive discipline — and how to
document your actions
- When firing seems imminent: Key legal considerations you
Proven Strategies for Building a High-Performance Team
- Recognizing the crucial role you play in driving your
- The 10 ingredients that MUST be present in successful
- Empowering team members to bring you solutions instead of
- How to put the power of diversity to work and build a
collaborative team celebrating individuality
- How to keep your team charged up under pressure, in
crisis and through change
- Interviewing techniques that help you find winning
employees for your team
Managing Projects, Priorities and Your Time for Greatest Productivity
- Costly time-wasters in your day: Identifying and
- Tips for saving tons of time using voice mail, e-mail and
- What are the keys to getting results? Focusing your
efforts on that which has the greatest impact
- Prioritizing techniques that save the day when everything
on your desk is "urgent"
- A “process map” that helps you eliminate unnecessary
steps and repetitive actions
- Guidelines for tracking projects so nothing falls through
Motivating Your Staff to Peak Achievement and Creating a Positive Work
- Understanding what motivates today’s workers: The answers
may surprise you
- The power of sincere praise to motivate employees — and
an easy format for giving it on the spot
- Proven motivational strategies top managers use to get
people to work harder, faster and more efficiently
- Mutual respect and trust: Building the two key elements
for a positive work environment
- Top 10 morale-busting management mistakes that lead to a
negative climate and how to avoid them
- How’s YOUR attitude? Recognizing how deeply your mood and
behavior influence your employees
- How to avoid employee burnout — and replace it with
motivation and enthusiasm
Supervisory Payoffs: How to Guarantee Your Career Success From Now On
- Building your power base using the 7 classic principles
- Tips for increasing your visibility and getting
recognition for your contributions
- Traits top management look for when deciding whom to
- Dodging the pitfalls of stress and burnout
- Where do you want to be in a year? In 5 years? How to
establish a career plan
- Fine-tuning your skills: Why continuous learning is
crucial to your ongoing supervisory success
Seminar Check-In Begins 8:30 AM
Seminar Class 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM