Reach A Resolution as Quickly as Possible – With Insight From the Bench
Even experienced family law practitioners encounter emotional family law disputes that can be painful and difficult experiences for clients. As an attorney, you need to be able to plead your client´s position in a persuasive manner, yet cover all the bases and give the decision-maker the facts needed to make an informed, fair decision. What if you could find out exactly what the judges need to see in order to find favorably for your client? Now you can – at this one-of-a-kind seminar.
This highly unique forum is your opportunity to interact directly with state Family Court Judges and tailor future arguments to adhere to their expectations. The "round table" format includes presentations by – and opportunities for discussion with – the judges, so you can give your clients the absolute best representation possible. Receive practical suggestions for enhancing your courtroom performance and effectively acting on behalf of your clients from Family Court Judges and Judicial Officers.
• Get the judges´ perspectives on vital topics such as custody and child support matters, juvenile law, ethics in family court cases and domestic violence.
• Successfully commence and defend initial proceedings using the judges´ recommendations.
• Determine whether the adversarial method is best for your client´s situation and get familiar with your other options.
• Learn powerful strategies for dealing gambling, substance abuse and domestic violence.
• Include the elements that matter to judges when they make decisions about child support.
- SESSION I
9:00 - 10:00
- Courts of Equity
- Policies and Procedures Within Circuits
- Courthouse Practice
- SESSION II
10:00 - 10:45
- Multi-Jurisdictional Cases
- Substance Abuse in Court Cases
- Domestic Abuse (FC-DA) Cases
- SESSION III
11:00 - 12:00
- Child Protective Services ("CPS") Cases
- Juvenile Cases
- SESSION IV
1:00 - 2:00
- SESSION V
2:00 - 3:00
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Child Support Cases
- SESSION VI
3:15 - 4:30
- Divorce Process
Agendas and Speakers may differ slightly depending on the location. Please e-mail or call a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.